Please, please give me your opinion on my this e-ring!!!!

braziliangirl

Apr 15, 2008
Hello ladies,
My b/f and I picked this one ring:

http://www.helzberg.com/p2p/endecaSearch.do?keyword=1656992

and now I'm feeling horrible because I'm not sure if it should be the one even though I LOVED it at the store :sad:

Help! I don't want to hurt my b/f feelings...we've been through a LOT and if he buys it, it means way too much for him, us, etc....BUT, I don't want to have him buy something that may be a ripp off, etc.
I looove the "big look effect" and we can't afford a bigger center stone.

Tks everyone in advance!!!

I don't know about pricing for that size diamond, but the center stone color I-J doesn't seem good to me. That being said, all that matters is that it looked great to you in person.

listen if you loved it and the color/clarity was good to the store then do it. i can't tell just by looking at the picture how much the clarity quality effects the diamond but it is on the lower side. Have you taken a look at pricescope?

Hi!
Yeah, I understand the center stone isn't great! But the whole pave setting 'makes' it look like it sparkles a lot. I don't want to sound cheap, but we can't afford more than that and I can't seem to find nothing similar around the same size :sad:
Oh God!
I will check the pricescope thingy. THANKS!

Is that your budget?
Definetly check out pricescope and maybe try their recommended jewelers.
With diamonds, you want to watch for the 4 c's. Cut, Clarity, Color, Carat.
The clarity and color on these diamonds are the lowest most reputable jewelers with care. In fact the higher end jewelers would not even carry these.

I would recommend going back to the store, and walking around try to see it in different lights.
Good luck

That seems like a lot of money for what it is... a bunch of teeny stones plus one modest center stone. Can you go to a no-name diamond broker/jeweler and have him make you one like it?

I agree with others. If you are looking for good quality stone then choose the setting I think you will be happier. Im kinda fickle also and can change my mind at the drop of a hat (or ring). I've looked at whiteflash,bluenile and other online stores and they have beautiful stones. Im not sure where you live but stop by a independent jeweler and see what they have to offer. You and your boyfriend might be surpised at whats available. I like things to be unique and have something no one else does.

Good Luck on your search. Ive bought from "mall jewelers" and now from independents. Special designers and being able to chose your stone is well worth it. At the mall store you get what they make. Thats it no choices.
313249501.jpg

^^^
I really like a tension setting like the one above for a relatively modest stone... like 1 carat and under... it looks clean and modern. I think small stones that tend to be surrounded by a lot of other stuff (like teeny diamonds that otherwise might be ground up to used on sandpaper -- no joke) look like they might be... trying a little too hard? Like it's all this other glitter to detract from the center stone... I LOVE the Legacy setting from Tiffany and antique-style rings, but that ring the OP posted from a mall jeweler just isn't my cup of tea and I think you could get something significantly better at that price point.

Just my thoughts, but you have a nice budget to work with - why not max it out on the stone for now and get the best one you can in a simple setting, then get the setting of your dreams a year or so down the road?? Just a 'for example', the one I picked below from Good Old Gold is bigger, better color, better clarity not to mention a Hearts & Arrows ideal cut, light performance, etc. - assuming it is eyeclean it could be just gorgeous, and it has a lifetime tradeup policy if you ever wanted an upgrade. If it were me, that's what I would do, and then get a great pave setting for an anniversary or something. Good luck with making your decisions, just get something you know that you will be happy with.:smile:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/3893/

Just my thoughts, but you have a nice budget to work with - why not max it out on the stone for now and get the best one you can in a simple setting, then get the setting of your dreams a year or so down the road?? Just a 'for example', the one I picked below from Good Old Gold is bigger, better color, better clarity not to mention a Hearts & Arrows ideal cut, light performance, etc. - assuming it is eyeclean it could be just gorgeous, and it has a lifetime tradeup policy if you ever wanted an upgrade. If it were me, that's what I would do, and then get a great pave setting for an anniversary or something. Good luck with making your decisions, just get something you know that you will be happy with.:smile:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/3893/

Totally agree. I think I'd be looking in the SI1-SI2 range as well, just verify it is eye clean. I think lower color- I to J- is fine too. However, it must be well cut! If you are color sensitive, that may bother you.

Here's a few other stones- they are "expert selections" from the seller, so I didn't look at the numbers or run any of the gizmos on pricescope and I'd recommend you do that when you are narrowing the process, but just for some ideas and some data on pricing:

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-684415.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-684414.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-684409.htm#

I agree- go over to pricescope.com and ask them to help you with finding a stone and read some tutorials. Check out the threads about I-J stones and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Your budget is actually quite nice! I would definitely go for a simple setting and max out the stone size, myself.

Hi again everyone...

Ok, so, I've decided to follow some instructions and try to find something more simple but with good quality!
I live in the Chicago area, any jewelers suggestions, etc??

Thank you very very much!!!!!!;)