Food please oh please give me some blender recomendations!

mm16

Loves her Pug!
Sep 26, 2007
I'm looking for a blender-preferably not too expensive-that I can blend some ice with to make protein shakes and regular shakes as well.

Please recomend some products to me that work well for you! I can't wait to pick one up!

My recommendation is one of the ones that pretty much just has an on/off switch and not all the crazy settings. Seriously. That kind works best for ice.

I have the standard Oster one with 16 settings and I haaaate it. It's the 3rd one of this kind that I've had and I've hated them all. I'm going to replace it with something like this:

TG15_WaringPro.jpg

I have a hand me down one, but I'd get one w/ a good motor in your price range. Just see what the options are. Generally, I think that glass jar ones are made better than plastic jar ones too. Maybe a coincidence?

I have an Osterizer Classic for over 11 years and it still works fine! It's not a cheap but if you want one that lasts and works well I would get that.

I've gone through a few blenders now... I had a Kitchenaid, which was horrible, I hated the design, and the pitcher leaked. I then bought a Waring, which has the one switch, you can choose between high & low. I really like this blender; it doesn't do a great job on ice, but it's good enough.

I recently bought a Vita-Mix Bar Master (which I know is out of your price range). This is an awesome blender! Great design, easy to use and clean, and has real power.

My suggestion is to look at Waring, and check reviews for other blenders in your price range on Amazon.

we have a black and decker one from linens and things. i think it was either $20 or $30 and it has an ice crush button, we only use it for making drinks. but i just bought a magic bullet and that is great! it comes with these cups that you add everything to then blend it in the cup and drink out of it (if that makes sense) but its $50 not sure if you want to spen that much. but it is compact .