Please! Need help from experienced kelly buyer!

vattenlilje

Jan 6, 2010
Would any of you Hermes experts have time to help me?
I was offered to buy a vintage Kelly 32 cm in ebene with GHW. Love it... Got a little nervous when I saw a stamp, in the hard ware on the strap, after the Hermes-Paris its a square with signs inside... could any of you tell me.. should Kelly have stamps like that? I thought only exotic leather bags had stamps after Hermes-Paris...? The bag is located in a renowned vintage store but... Grateful for any help.

This is best posted in the authentication thread above, where the ladies are very knowledgeable. Pictures will be required -- be sure to read the instructions.

How nice of you to answer! I have only seen Birkin up close with PHW, never any Hermes with GHW... So GHW has the square box after Hermes-Paris, you learn something new everyday :biggrin:

Are the fakes really that good that you can not tell the difference? The ones you see in street corners in big cities in Europe are easy to spot up close...
Do you think I can ask the store to take photos for verification?

How do you get to know "the tell"? I mean, the bag looks stunning, the leather is super, the details seems right (of course I do not have a Kelly to compare with but I have hold on in store...)... Is there any cite to visit to get the info?

Do take some pics and post it in the authentication thread. It is up to you if it's worth the trouble to authenticate an expensive bag. I feel that if you have to ask, you are actually not experienced and qualified to authenticate it yourself. So hopefully you will decide to do your due diligence.

I am of course not an expert, otherwise I wouldn´t have asked all these silly questions :smile:
I just wanted to get some knowledge, to educate myself, it is good to know the obvious stuff, that way you do not have to ask for every bag on the internet you see and want... I looked at the authentication thread and usually they do not tell you what is off and what to look out for.... just if its a fake or not..
I just feel silly to go and ask to take pictures... have any of you bought at a vintage shop?

I think the best thing is to use the authenticated thread. That way you won't loose money and nobody here will actually tell you how to tell what makes a Kelly fake. It is because the people making the bags are everywhere. They can still read and to tell the truth anyone can make a profile on tpf and not have good intentions. You need to study the pictures yourself but even if you to the ladies here are much more experienced in telling if a bag is fake or not. I even have a Kelly but I still had my vintage one authenticated.