Please justify spending more than $1K on a bag

lynncy1

Jun 18, 2009
I just purchased my HG bag (it's in the mail and on it's way) and I'm already feeling guilty about spending so much.

Initially, the reasons I purchased were:
1. I had the money...I didn't put it on credit.
2. It's a limited edition bag that I have always wanted
3. I got a fantastic deal.

Good reasons right? So why do I still feel guilty? Make me feel better TPFers!

chinchin_lim

hopelessLVaddict
O.G.
Jan 23, 2008
Cause u love it.

It is really simple.... Maybe your guilt will go away once u see it irl?

ljavu

Oct 12, 2010
Ca
you saved the cash and paid for it with cash, you have earned this bag and waited this long to get this bag. You have worked very hard all your life and you deserve to get this bag. If you didn't buy this bag, who would have bought it for you? probably no one.
Enjoy your bag, utilize the bag and most of all lvoe your bag.

Congrats.

smileglu

O.G.
May 2, 2007
you saved the cash and paid for it with cash, you have earned this bag and waited this long to get this bag. You have worked very hard all your life and you deserve to get this bag. If you didn't buy this bag, who would have bought it for you? probably no one.
Enjoy your bag, utilize the bag and most of all lvoe your bag.

Congrats.
Well said, I agree!

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
If you use it often and for many years, it is well worth it. If it sits in a dustbag in your closet, then not worth it. Everyone deserves a treat!

airborne

Jul 21, 2009
dont feel guilty, the 3 reasons you stated are good enough reasons IMO...

1. I had the money...I didn't put it on credit.
2. It's a limited edition bag that I have always wanted
3. I got a fantastic deal.

... enjoy your bag. :smile:

Yikkie

Avid Purse Lover!
O.G.
May 26, 2008
A sunny, happy place!
Simple. Your enjoyment and happiness is priceless! This is not at the expense of anything or anyone more important (you had the cash), and by "fantastic deal" I presume you got a good bargain and there was some savings there (vs. buying from the boutique/brand new). Plus, LE bags in great condition are hard to come by! Do enjoy your bag, and please post pics! We'd like to share your joy!

NewCoachQueen

Birkin or bust...
Aug 2, 2009
I bought an Alma in vermis, mm. I had those thoughts for a minute. Then I smelled the bag and the problem went away. I feel you should be good to yourself. I find we as women take care of everyone else and rarely ourselves. A gift to you for loving you can hold no price. I'm sure if you paid yourself a salary for all the good you do, it would be more than the gift you just spent. Wear with a smile. What did you get?

LVlover4ever

Nov 25, 2010
San Francisco, California
If you're satisfied with the bag and you love it, there is no reason to feel guilty about the price. I just got my Damier Trevi GM in the mail and absolutely LOVE it!! No guilt feelings here. Remember, life is too short not to enjoy the bag that you love :smile:

Enjoy!! :biggrin:

May 12, 2010
I spent $1600 on the Damier Trevi PM and had second thoughts until it got here, then all my doubts went away.
I like you didn't have to put it on a credit card, I really wanted it, etc, so when yours does arrive, all your anxious feelings will disappear I'm sure.

Enjoy it, it will last you a lifetime. :smile: