Please identify this CHANEL

boxyandme

O.G.
Feb 10, 2006
Do any of you know the name of a new Chanel drawstring tote bag that's pictured in the Chanel.com website under accessories for Spring/summer 2006? It's the third picture, it's a tobacco brown color with white contrast stitching. Have you seen it in person? What are your thoughts on how well the lambskin leather holds up to wear and tear? Your thoughts and info is much appreciated.

How well does it wear? Does it scratch easy? I'm very petite, 5'2'',but I wanted a bag that I could just grab and go woth, and lug aroung toddler toys, if he gets tired of holding them. Are you afraid that the white will get dirty on the inside. You don't by any chance have a photo of it. I am thinking about the black, but have not seen it. Thanks for your feedback.

Hello, I got this bag as a gift from my doting aunt last month - she has no children, and I am her Barbie doll. Other than this being an authentic Chanel (my aunt is a collector), I have no information about this bag whatsoever. When a Chanel SA at Neiman Marcus saw me walking by with the bag he remarked I must have had that bag for a while and loved every moment of owning it. (He was right) I was too embarrassed to ask :shame: Can anyone help me identify this one - any info at all - what year?
IMG_1493.JPG

Reactions: AlanyaBags
Okay, here's the deal. I bought a Chanel bag about 2 months ago. Although I knew I wanted a classic flap, the purchase was somewhat impulsive. My problem now is that I can't determine what size it is. I know it's medium or small, I always believed it was medium, but now I'm in doubts and wonder if it might be small. I'm posting some pictures of it next to my perf. LV speedy 30 to try and give a better image of the size. (Please apologize the mess in the background - I've had so many things to do that I haven't had the time to clean my room).
DSC01948.jpgDSC01949.jpg
DSC01950.jpgDSC01951.jpg
DSC01952.jpg

Also, I bought this bag from a very exclusive department store (the danish equivalent of NM/Saks/whatever), so I don't doubt it's authencity, but I read somewhere that the quilting are supposed to me consistent (sp?) on real bags, but on my bag the quilting looks wierd between the front flap and the rest of the purse. Am I just wrong about the "quilting rule", or can it be a consequence of me storing it wrong or something? (I keep it in it's dustbag, in the box it came in). That was somewhat weird formulated, but I hope you get what I mean. :smile:

It looks like the 10" bag which would make it the medium size. The small is 9", medium is 10", then you jump up to a JUMBO which is 12". (GORGEOUS BAG BY THE WAY!) I have it with gold HW.

The quilting looks pretty darn close in the photos- it could be just a natural cause occurance that pulls the flap down a little low. Sorry, I hope someone else can help you with the size.

Thanks! Luccibag, I'll measure it tomorrow. I saw your black bag with gold hardware in the other thread - it's gorgeous. I'm gonna save up for either that or a grey one when I've bought some LV's that are higher up on my essentials list ;) Bagpuss, I'm hoping it's a natural cause too, but I'm so nervous although I know it's real. Oh, the drama! :smile:

Reactions: willsmithiscoming
Re the quilting, if you bought the bag at a reputable dep store then it surely should be OK, but the quilting does look pretty badly out of line!
I have 3 of these and I have just "jiggled" them around the clasp and
can't make them look like that, what is the back like where the quilting should match up around the "pocket"?

lesan67: The quilting looks fine in the back, but I can remember that it looked "right" in the front when I bought it too, so I must somehow have made it look weird myself, but I don't understand how.. Maybe I'll take it to a store next time I'm in a country that has one just to have it explained as I've grown to attached to it to exchange it :smile: