Please identify this CHANEL

Hi All, do you know what type of leather my bag is? Not sure if it’s alligator or crocodile. Your thoughts and info on the difference is much appreciated. Thank you!
View attachment 4889774View attachment 4889776View attachment 4889780
Looks like crocodile to me because of how it's lined up so nicely and the small pinprick holes all over. Croc is much easier to get than alligator so higher likelihood it's croc. This looks like a fairly old bag, maybe a 0 or 1 series, so perhaps the seller will verify for you. Just do some internet research on exotics there is a lot of info. out there to help you. Exotic skin thread: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/are-excotic-skins-worth-to-go.976230/

Looks like crocodile to me because of how it's lined up so nicely and the small pinprick holes all over. Croc is much easier to get than alligator so higher likelihood it's croc. This looks like a fairly old bag, maybe a 0 or 1 series, so perhaps the seller will verify for you. Just do some internet research on exotics there is a lot of info. out there to help you. Exotic skin thread: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/are-excotic-skins-worth-to-go.976230/

Thank you so much for your help! It's a 0 series. I will check out that thread, thanks :smile:

Hey everyone!

New to the forum. I just bought a WOC pre-loved from a consignment shop. However, I could not find online from which season the bag is from :confused1: All the similar ones seem to have "smaller" quilting... does anyone recognize this particular WOC (the date code starts with 24xx)?

Many thanks in advance :smile:

aaDSC_7898.jpgaaDSC_7900.jpg

Last edited:
OK, this is a longshot but... maybe you ladies can help me out.

I'm looking for pre-loved square-toe Chanel styles and these Zara shoes in the photos below keep showing up on various resale sites. They're very clearly knock-offs of a Chanel style, and I'd like to try to track down a pair of the real version. The problem is I can't figure out when (or I suppose if) the real Chanel shoes were made, and searching obvious terms hasn't brought anything up. Can someone help me out?

3a8c261ade3ec5998a5fca9124ffe80a.jpga7f23815ca64b2927240dfdfda30acf4.pngzara-black-captoe-cap-toe-leather-two-tone-mulesslides-size-us-65-regular-m-b-0-2-540-540.jpg

Hello lovely ladies!

Please help me to find out what year is it from https://www.tradesy.com/i/chanel-cr...hain-strap-tan-leather-shoulder-bag/26697725/

Thank you in advance!

View attachment 4891363
It's super rare. I have seen it twice before in online auctions, but only in jersey/fabric versions and neither had serial codes. It likely predates holographic codes and might be early 1980 to 1985. That's my feeling. I would think that if you purchased it the company that did the original authentication would be able to provide more details and insight, too.

OK, this is a longshot but... maybe you ladies can help me out.

I'm looking for pre-loved square-toe Chanel styles and these Zara shoes in the photos below keep showing up on various resale sites. They're very clearly knock-offs of a Chanel style, and I'd like to try to track down a pair of the real version. The problem is I can't figure out when (or I suppose if) the real Chanel shoes were made, and searching obvious terms hasn't brought anything up. Can someone help me out?

View attachment 4891802View attachment 4891803View attachment 4891804
Try search for Chanel “Cap toe” mules. The Chanel ones have more of an almond toe, but here are a similar pair. One of the most popular Chanel shoes are the slingback version of this shoe (comes in flats and block heels), but there are so many variations - boots, heels, mules etc and many color and material variations (leather, velvet, suede, fabric).

Attachments

• 2337BAA8-7973-4FE8-B93E-3FD0B5980BDB.jpeg
    2337BAA8-7973-4FE8-B93E-3FD0B5980BDB.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 4
Hi all, saw this lilac chanel boy with strap in store but can’t seem to find it anywhere else online. Only managed to see a couple in red and black. Anyone came across this lilac one? View attachment 4893356
You're in the wrong thread. Visit the two below:

Reactions: Tequiilatte