Please identify this CHANEL

Just my opinion, but perhaps visit the authentication thread first. If authentic, the overall look is maybe more of a VIP gift or employee item rather than a boutique item. If you know more info. that might also help.

Thank you for your input. It came from the boutique on 57th in Manhattan.

Just my opinion, but perhaps visit the authentication thread first. If authentic, the overall look is maybe more of a VIP gift or employee item rather than a boutique item. If you know more info. that might also help.

Oh, sorry. I think I realize what you are trying to say - that it doesn't look authentic? It is authentic. Purchased from Chanel boutique in NYC in the early 2000s. I'm just trying to figure out what it was called and any details on it. Thank you for your help!

I actually think I just finally solved my own mystery! It looks like it is the same fabric as this in 2002 Spring RTW:

Although I still don't know how to find out what it would be called. Any ideas where to see more from that season?

Thank you!
Robin

Hi! I know this bag is vintage but I would like to know if anyone knows around what year the bag is from! Thank you in advanced :smile:
View attachment 4882581
My guess is the 3-series/1994-1996. That tag hanging from the side says Chanel and was a hallmark of bags in the 3 series. If you have the bag and see the hologram sticker inside you'll know for sure. Similar styles linked for reference:

Hi, everyone! Does anyone know the name or anything about this bag? I think it is white flowers printed on silk, but I’m not positive about the material. It can be worn 3 ways - as a tote with chain handles, folded over as a clutch, or folded over with shoulder strap. It is serial number series 7******. I would like to know more about it so I know how to care for it. Thank you!
71FF8356-04D7-4699-931A-CC65A9D74AFC.jpeg91B63BF6-3864-480E-A147-0776097E27DD.jpeg2701FF15-86FC-4AA0-B0AD-317B759856F4.jpeg9D200E46-0CF8-4C99-9BEC-BCEF0E00EFE7.jpeg

Hi, could anyone please help me identify this bag, I saw it in a Youtubers collection and fell in love? The serial number starts with 397 so between 1994-1996. I would loveee to know the style name of this bag and if there are other variations of the style? Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 10.52.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 10.52.32 PM.png
    210.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 11.03.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 11.03.12 PM.png
    168.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 11.04.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 11.04.20 PM.png
    300.3 KB · Views: 7
Hi, could anyone please help me identify this bag, I saw it in a Youtubers collection and fell in love? The serial number starts with 397 so between 1994-1996. I would loveee to know the style name of this bag and if there are other variations of the style? Any help would be appreciated!
It's too old for a style name or collection name. Resellers and buyers can refer to it as they like tbh because there is no standard name. The feature that makes it stand out is the double chain handle. I used to own a similar one, so yes, it did come in other variations. I believe my bag was also a 3 series. It was a kelly style (looks like a modern day trendy cc) so it was a more squared shape instead of this more curved one and it had the double chain handle. It was a carry-only bag and did not fit on the shoulder. The bag was a harder calfskin and not lambskin although it looks like lambskin. There were also patent versions of it. I purchased mine maybe 6 years ago from YoogisCloset so they do come up through reliable resellers from time to time. HTH.

Last edited: