Please help

lov

Nov 12, 2009
i need help please. I bought a josephine wallet and the receipt the seller sent me says November 2012 but the date code has TN followed by the numbers 0133. That would mean third week of 2013? Is this possible??? She says she bought it before it officially went on display and that her associate brought it out to show her. This is the Damier Ebene with the gold hardware and dark brown interior.

If i take it in to get hot stamped and they find it to be fake will they confiscate it and fine me? She gave. Me all of her info to take to lv if they doubt suthenticity. She even sent me pictures of her other bags and receipts. All authentic.

Last edited:
they won't confiscate, at the most they will tell you
that is strange that the recipt would be earlier than the date code, perhaps it's for another purchase
if you have the link I would post it in the authenticate thread

that is strange that the recipt would be earlier than the date code, perhaps it's for another purchase

Why don't you try having authenticated by caroldiva or another paid service? Or if you gave link have authenticated here.

Cause the seller took down the listing and they won't authenticate it here without a listing. I could pay carol but since I didnt get a response to an earlier post about this, In another thread, I agreed with seller to take it to LV later this morning.
Just wanted to get input from experienced buyers. I am new to LV and am just starting my collection. This is only my 4th piece and 1st wallet.

Last edited:
Cause the seller took down the listing and they won't authenticate it here without a listing. I could pay carol but since i didnt get a response to an earlier post about this, In another thread, I agreed with seller to take it to LV later this morning.
Just wanted to get input from experienced buyers. I am new to LV and am just starting my collection. This is only my 4th piece and 1st wallet.

Where did you buy the wallet?

You can post pics here for experienced buyers to take a look, if it would help you. :smile: I am quite sure it's a manufacturing date code stamp so it would not be possible for the wallet and receipt to correlate to one another. Maybe the receipt is the wrong one, if the wallet is authentic.

You can post pics here for experienced buyers to take a look, if it would help you. :smile: I am quite sure it's a manufacturing date code stamp so it would not be possible for the wallet and receipt to correlate to one another. Maybe the receipt is the wrong one, if the wallet is authentic.

Ok thanks. Give me a moment and I'll add here

Hi you should probably post this in the main forum for more responses. Anyway I don't think I've ever seen a receipt dated 2 months before the item was actually made. Even if she did buy it before it was actually on display, why would LV artisans pick a week in the upcoming year to stamp a future datecode? In my collection, all of my datecodes precede the purchase date. The only exception buying preloved and the receipt is not LV but from consignment, etc..Are you sure it's the right receipt for that item? I mean does the description match the wallet?

No it's not possible because that date hasn't even come yet for it to be stamped in the wallet. If it's fake LV will just tell you they can't stamp it.

WOW, this is odd, I'm really curious. Let us know what you learn.

Where did you buy the wallet?

Why don't you try having authenticated by caroldiva or another paid service? Or if you gave link have authenticated here.

The spot in picture 2 is where she rubbed of the hot stamp of her initials.
The receipt is from Roseville, Ca LV
y715.jpg

bd0i.jpg

de0w.jpg

3zom.jpg

o9op.jpg

aaog.jpg

kgxy.jpg

4xmc.jpg