Please help!

Ktsmomi

Jan 17, 2013
Ok. I'm looking at buying this bag but I don't know if this is cleanable? I really need some advise :smile: rehabers please help! And if this is in the wrong spot I'm very sorry :sad:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 282
This one too
Looks like a "Legacy" bag...? I'm not sure about cleaning it - it may be better to let those spots blend in as the leather burnishes. If you're also asking about the hardware, turnlocks can be replaced, but I assumed you meant the discoloration along the bottom edge of the leather, under the turnlock...? Anyway, there are some GREAT Coach-rehab gals on this forum, so I bet they will give you a much better answer than I can... :smile:

Looks like a "Legacy" bag...? I'm not sure about cleaning it - it may be better to let those spots blend in as the leather burnishes. If you're also asking about the hardware, turnlocks can be replaced, but I assumed you meant the discoloration along the bottom edge of the leather, under the turnlock...? Anyway, there are some GREAT Coach-rehab gals on this forum, so I bet they will give you a much better answer than I can... :smile:
Thank you. Yes it is a legacy gal! :smile:

The top pic looks a lot like color transfer from jeans or something. You MIGHT get that off with a good leather cleaner, but it's hard to say. On the hardware, are you concerned with the scratches?

I doubt that dark stuff around the bottom would clean off. You might be able to minimize it with conditioner. There is also leather dye. You can get a new turnlock from Coach. There are many examples of Legacy bag rehabs posted on the forum.

Thank you. Yes it is a legacy gal! :smile:

Is it a small turnlock and can you remove it from the back? Coach will send turnlock replacment kits for the small locks that you can gently pry up and remove from the back.

Some of the older legacy bags have large turnlocks and antique gold hardware and not the shiny hardware. I don't know how easy it is to get the antique hardware replaced?

Tan and other light-colored are hard to rehab and not always successful. I would probably walk-away from that bag unless it was really cheap - then I might try to rehab it and not worry about it if it doesn't work out.

If it is pricey I would pass and look for another bag. JMO!