please help!!

TINOTINO

Apr 20, 2010
I have a tivoli pm in mint condition that I had gotten a few years back that I love but somehow just havent used very much. A friend of mine has the same issue with her monogram artsy mm and she had asked if I would consider a trade. So my tivoli pm for her artsy and I would have to put in a couple hundred dollars. Do u guys think I should do it? I dont have a monogram shoulder bag but I just dont want to regret trading since the tivoli is sooo pretty. Please help!;)

do u feel like it would be a good trade? i just dont want to do the trade and then regret it. i personally would like to have both bags but I cant afford to keep the tivoli and buy the artsy...........so i'm torn!

I say go for it........it will sting a little in the beginning but u will be using the Artsy. I sold my Tivoli and I do miss her, but she would not have gotten much use. So I am happy with my decision.

thats a good way to see it.......I think I'll go for it! I just really hope I dont regret it. I have tried to let the tivoli go a few times but everytime I wasnt able to do it. I have the trevi pm and sometimes when I look at both bags they kind of look similar I think due to the pleatings...and now I have the westminster pm so maybe this time I should let my tivoli go?

thats a good way to see it.......I think I'll go for it! I just really hope I dont regret it. I have tried to let the tivoli go a few times but everytime I wasnt able to do it. I have the trevi pm and sometimes when I look at both bags they kind of look similar I think due to the pleatings...and now I have the westminster pm so maybe this time I should let my tivoli go?

why do you have to pay the difference on a used Artsy? would you be getting the same deal, if you bought it from a legit reseller of authentic LV who sold you a used Artsy? Do some research and find out the price estimate of a used Artsy and Tivoli, on a reseller page. Just to be sure.

I personally think the Tivoli is a beauty, the Artsy is plain.. but it depends on what you need it for.. and so on.. and really ultimately your choice.

The Tivoli is very pretty, why haven't you used it that much? Were you planning on using it later?

Yours is in mint condition, how is the Artsy? Don't trade a new bag for an old one IMO, but if it looks good like yours I'd say why not?

my friends artsy was actually purchased after mine but in my opinion my tivoli looks brand spanking new...I dont know why I havent used it much........maybe I have many other bags that I use more often? Sometimes I look at the tivoli and its so pretty and new that I dont use it lol..( i know Im crazy). My friends artsy does have some watermarks on the handle......not much but enough to where I did notice but other then that it looks pretty good. Ive looked on ebay and Ive noticed theres about a couple hundred dollars difference in the resell value of the bag. My bf had pointed out to me just now when I told him I was posting on tpf to get some advice was that when I purchased the tivoli I bought it for about 1000 plus tax and when she bought her artsy she paid about 1400. He said so basically Im just saving myself on the tax and its not really a good deal in his opinion and that I should maybe look around for a pre loved artsy and save up for it and keep the tivoli............do u think he has a point?

my friends artsy was actually purchased after mine but in my opinion my tivoli looks brand spanking new...I dont know why I havent used it much........maybe I have many other bags that I use more often? Sometimes I look at the tivoli and its so pretty and new that I dont use it lol..( i know Im crazy). My friends artsy does have some watermarks on the handle......not much but enough to where I did notice but other then that it looks pretty good. Ive looked on ebay and Ive noticed theres about a couple hundred dollars difference in the resell value of the bag. My bf had pointed out to me just now when I told him I was posting on tpf to get some advice was that when I purchased the tivoli I bought it for about 1000 plus tax and when she bought her artsy she paid about 1400. He said so basically Im just saving myself on the tax and its not really a good deal in his opinion and that I should maybe look around for a pre loved artsy and save up for it and keep the tivoli............do u think he has a point?

You could probably sell your Tivoli for more than you bought it for. Maybe just sell it and save up for another bag you like more? Up to you.

lol i hate to admit it but i think he is right this time! ughhh cant believe im saying this! lol
Im looking at my tivoli right now and it can actually pass for a brand new bag! Theres no signs of any use on the bag and the artsy u can tell its been used for a lil while......so I think for now it would be best if I keep the tivoli and search for a pre love artsy...I dont know theres just something about the tivoli that I cant let go of regardless if I use it much or not! lol my bf thinks Im crazy but when it comes to my louis vuitton purses maybe I am! lol But I do think that I would be making a mistake to trade my tivoli for the artsy and have to shell out 300 bucks where I can just put the 300 towards the artsy and keep my tivoli?

I think he has a great point, especially if the Artsy isnt in such good condition.. Check out the Louis Vuitton shopping thread, for reputable resellers. BTW.. the Tivoli Pm in US dollars right now, is priced at $1200.00, the bags are increasing in price again .. If you consider your friend having to purchase a new tivoli she'd have to pay 1200.00 plus what ever price increase. Good luck with your decision, Im glad your at least considering your options, as this 'deal' should be fair for you also.

Yay.. I just saw your recent post.. Good for you! Keep the Tivoli! and extra little plus on the Tivoli is the zipper pull, I always thought looked like a charm attached to the bag, the hardware is gorgeous, there is definitely special details to the Tivoli.

Thanks sooooooooo much for ur opinions and inputs...........its making my decision to keep my tivoli sooo much easier now and I feel that Im making the right decision by keeping it and looking for a pre owned artsy.....and besides I havent even tried on an artsy I dont even know if I would like it or its a bag Id use. I think I just got a bit excited with the idea of trading but thank god I asked u all for advice before I jump the gun and did it!