Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

browneyesblue

TO A FRESH START!!!!
Jun 28, 2008
Hi! I just found out a LV bag I got was a fake. The seller has already refunded the money into my paypal account today but it says pending until April 1st. I have the bag boxed up and will send it USPS prioroty today. What else do I have to do to protect myself.

Thank you!

Are you sending it back to the seller? Send it insured and with delivery confirmation. I would open up a SNAD if you paid by Paypal just to be sure that the money doesn't go anywhere.

Hi! I just found out a LV bag I got was a fake. The seller has already refunded the money into my paypal account today but it says pending until April 1st. I have the bag boxed up and will send it USPS prioroty today. What else do I have to do to protect myself.

Thank you!

She refunded the money before she got the bag back? I think that is almost unheard of. That is awesome. Yes you nedd signature confirmation (with tracking attch) and insurance if it is over 250, but I do it on all my returns just to be safe.

Stupid question - please don't yell at me - but if the bag is fake, why should the buyer insure it in returning it? I'd do a signature confirmation, but a fake bag has little value IMHO. Am I missing something??

^^Not stupid. I just insured it because I paid a certain amount of money for the fake bag and if it gets lost........I just want to be covered. The seller is refunding me the shipping cost once she receives the bag.........

Browneyesblue, I just found this in Paypal:

Question : Why is my refund pending?
Answer :
There were not enough funds in your seller's PayPal account to cover the refund, so the funds are being transferred from the seller's bank account. Once the bank account transfer is completed, you'll receive your refund.

I would just return the bag to the seller even if it is fake. Nobody likes to see fake bags in circulation but I would not want the responsibility of destroying somebody else's property. (On an other day at an other time in an other place, the bag might actually be real.)

It is very unusual to get your refund before returning the bag. There is probably very little risk to you at this point in time but I would send it back with tracking and sig confirmation (if over $250). Has she already refunded you the original shipping and is offering to also refund the return shipping? If she has refunded you the purchase price and the original shipping there is no point in opening a SNAD. If Paypal sees a full refund has been given, they will close it. I wouldn't rush to open a SNAD in any case. You have 45 days.

and would take a picture of the bag you are returning.. you don't want the seller

to dispute that she got back a different bag than she sent.. if the item is over

$250.. insure, delivery & signature confirmation and if you can get on line

tracking, you can track and know when the bag was received.. it was nice of your

seller to give a refund.. just make sure all the money comes through your account..

wonder if she knew the bag was a "fake" and is refunding you so promptly..and if she

knows that the bag is coming back.. as opposed to being destroyed

Stupid question - please don't yell at me - but if the bag is fake, why should the buyer insure it in returning it? I'd do a signature confirmation, but a fake bag has little value IMHO. Am I missing something??

Paypal disputes require sig. confirmation and tracking. If not SNAD, and buyer is shipping back, those two things will protect buyer if seller states not received.