Please help!

Baggaholic

SofaKing PuertoRican
O.G.
Mar 6, 2006
Hello,

I have made the mistake of not stating in my listing that I will not ship to PO Boxes and that I will only ship to confirmed Paypal addresses. Because I didn't do that do I have to comply with the buyers shipping address?

It kind of baffling that eBay still allows people to use PO BOXES as addresses.

What can I do to make this transaction run a little smoother without me having issues with the buyer in terms of "I didn't get the shoes" storyline some people use? Is it even safe to ship to a PO BOX?

Please help. I have a 100% feedback with over 580 positive feedbacks. I don't ever want to $crew it up KWIM.

Thank you!
:flowers:

Sorry, but why would you feel unsafe shipping to a PO Box if that is someone's confirmed shipping address on Paypal? :shrugs:

If the PO Box address is the confirmed address with PP and you ship with the appropriate insurance and signature confirmation, in many cases it's actually safer because the package is not just left outside someone's doorstep by the postal carrier. Instead, the PO leaves a slip in the recipient's PO Box that they have a package and must come to the counter and sign for it to pick it up.

I have to use a PO Box for all USPS mail & packages since the USPS does NOT deliver mail to my physical address. I really like this because I know all of my purchases will be safely at the PO until I pick them up. My PO Box address is confirmed with PP and never once have I had a problem with receiving ebay packages (or any packages, for that matter).

Sorry!! I forgot to mention the buyers ebay address is the PO BOX but the buyers paypal address is another. This is where I am confused. I have never dealt with anyone using a PO Box and don't know how it works.

Which one do I ship to? I will be using USPS

One more thing. Anyone can have a PO BOX because all they have to prove is that they are at the address they are providing. It doesn't mean that is where they reside. What happens if they say they didn't receive the pkg but in reality they did? They can easily prove to paypal that they don't live to the address shipped.

I just want this to go smoothly.

I think in order to be covered by paypal, you need to ship it to the address on the paypal account. You should email the buyer and explain to her that paypal rule states in order for the seller to be covered they need to mail the package to the address on their paypal account.

I ship from paypal not ebay. Just drop a line to your customer saying something like "Thank you for your purchase. Your Gucci bag will be shipped ot XXXXX at XXXX tomorrow. Please get back to me letting me know that's the correct address. Thanks:.

I normally don't bother. You do not have to ship to a confirmed address any more. As long as PP says OK to Ship, that's all you need.

I do ask them their address if they have not used ebay in a while.

One more thing. Anyone can have a PO BOX because all they have to prove is that they are at the address they are providing. It doesn't mean that is where they reside. What happens if they say they didn't receive the pkg but in reality they did? They can easily prove to paypal that they don't live to the address shipped.

I just want this to go smoothly.

If someone pays for a PO Box, they are the only ones with a key to it. It's not like anyone can walk into a Post Office and open a box at random and steal the mail, KWIM? Think of how much safer that is vs. shipping to someone in a large apartment building with a shared mail room - where anyone could walk off with someone else's package that was left there.

By shipping to a PO Box, only the recipient or someone s/he gives the key to can open that box and retrieve what's inside.

If you are worried that someone will say they did not receive the package when in fact they did, purchase signature confirmation. That way, the recipient must go to the PO counter and must sign for the package before the PO will even give it to them. And their signature is the proof of delivery you will need in the event of any INR claim.

Make sense?

Last edited:
Totally! :hugs:

:ty:
,baggs

If someone pays for a PO Box, they are the only ones with a key to it. It's not like anyone can walk into a Post Office and open a box at random and steal the mail, KWIM? Think of how much safer that is vs. shipping to someone in a large apartment building with a shared mail room - where anyone could walk off with someone else's package that was left there.

By shipping to a PO Box, only the recipient or someone s/he gives the key to can open that box and retrieve what's inside.

If you are worried that someone will say they did not receive the package when in fact they did, purchase signature confirmation. That way, the recipient must go to the PO counter and must sign for the package before the PO will even give it to them. And their signature is the proof of delivery you will need in the event of any INR claim.

Make sense?

I think in order to be covered by paypal, you need to ship it to the address on the paypal account. You should email the buyer and explain to her that paypal rule states in order for the seller to be covered they need to mail the package to the address on their paypal account.

Good point. I'm going to call eBay to ask what I should do. Everyone elses responses also makes sense. In ex. Signature confirmation.

If you get a buyer with a PO Box just make sure that the Paypal payment and address say, "Ok to ship. Seller Protection: Eligible." Then you're good to go. :tup:

I get signature confirmation and insurance on everything...better safe than sorry. :yes:

Call PP and ask which is the CONFIRMED address and send it there with signature delivery confirmation and insurance. It's OK to send to a POBox, just be sure that is the confirmed address.