Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorgeousness

Dec 14, 2008
Hi, this is my first thread so sorry if I do anything wrong.

Last night my mom was looking for Anatolian sheperds on petfinder and she found two that are currently in kill shelters with a week to live. They're only 2-3 years old. These doggies will be great guards, best buddies and be forever thankful you saved their lives. If you are in the area please consider fostering or adopting:

Here's Ruffy she's in Turlock, CA near Fresno, Sacremento, SF.:
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=11072418
Ruffly needs TLC because she's skinny but she looks like a sweetheart

And this is Dolly she's in Abilene, TX near Dallas, Waco: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=12966599
it says Dolly's housetrained and she's obviously beautiful.

I'm far from both, I also put them up on craigslist and emailed an Anatolian rescue group. Please let your friends and family know. I don't know what else to do it's so devestating:crybaby: Thanks for looking:heart:

And on the sidenote everyone please consider adopting from a shelter before breeder or store. I got my dog from the shelter and he's perfect. Although he wasn't a puppy he came fully trained and very sweet.

i am a bit confused, your mom wanted a anatolian shep but she found 2 and now you are trying to get others to adopt them?

why doesn't she adopt them? since she was looking for one?

i am a bit confused, your mom wanted a anatolian shep but she found 2 and now you are trying to get others to adopt them?

why doesn't she adopt them? since she was looking for one?

As I stated earlier they are FAR from us and in most cases shelters dont adopt out of state. We've contacted the rescue network letting them know we're open to fostering so it's not like we're doing nothing. I just wanted as many people as I can to know.

Is your Mother in Vegas also? I mean, Fresno and Dallas are still pretty far, but no further than a full day's drive. Fresno is only like 7 hours away.

I hope they both get adopted, I hate to see perfectly adoptable animals being put to sleep. Such a horrible thing.

Is your Mother in Vegas also? I mean, Fresno and Dallas are still pretty far, but no further than a full day's drive. Fresno is only like 7 hours away.

I hope they both get adopted, I hate to see perfectly adoptable animals being put to sleep. Such a horrible thing.

I contacted the org. putting them online about fostering. I called california shelters before about other dogs and each has said I cannot adopt if I'm from another city (they'd rather kill the poor doggie:tdown:). Also "only" 7 hours of drive in a small car for a very large dog is I'm sure very stressful. Besides its actually about 20 hours. I will do whatever I can which I thought would also letting pursers know. If any of you are near and are able to take in a large dog why not? Nothings wrong with exposure right?

Fresno, CA (I couldnt find Turnlock listed ANYWHERE, must be super small) is 6 hours away from Las Vegas, NV (SF is about 2 hours further). Abilene, TX is 15 hours away, both according to MapQuest.com

Absolutely nothing wrong with exposure and I think its ridiculous that the shelters wont let out of town homes adopt. I really hope these beautiful dogs arent euthanized.

On the first listing is says "You can still help this dog by making a tax deductible donation that will help with food and vet bills!" Maybe if you offer to donate, they will keep the dog alive? Did you try that?

^ yes you should also. Or maybe donate some money to the great NSPCA since you're also in vegas.

My wonderful amazing boyfriend offered to drive all the way up to turlock to save Ruffy, if we could adopt out of state, and we planned for saturday. I did everything I could and offered help. My mom's BF found a friend who might adopt the farther one. To queen and bunnie I hope you guys are never put into as much stress as I have been in for the past 2 days. Everytime I checked this board and saw a reply I'd think "ok they're saved someone cares and can do something" only to see that it's just another question towards me. :faint: Hoping doesn't do much. I wasn't the one looking for a dog (I already have a small male whom I got from the shelter) but when I was notified of this I did eveything in my power to get them exposed and known and were going to get the close one ("only"7 hours away) for better or worse. The only reason I posted here was because I thought there might be people CLOSE BY who could foster instead of having the doggies shipped, if even possible.

For the rest, thanks for taking time out to look. Please get your doggies neutered/spayed, please take good care of them and consider fostering.

I'm happy to say that NASRN came through and found a foster home for Ruffy and a kennel for Dolly. :yahoo: :woohoo:I have to say God bless for those wonderful people, the NASRN and foster families. I think we should have a moment/thread of silence for those who weren't as lucky. Knowing they're with God where they don't have to worry about shelter or food helps the pain.:cloud9:

Actually, I do donate to the NSPCA and Heaven Can Wait Sanctuary, every month.

I can tell you are passionate about saving these dogs' life (and you did!), but dont step on the toes of others to get your point accross!

Last edited:
I can tell you are passionate about saving these dogs' life (and you did!), but dont step on the toes of others to get your point accross!

^^ I agree.

Gorgeousness: You did a noble thing by exposing us all to the plights of these pups in hopes that we could save them but I think you went about talking to us in the wrong way. You can't get your point across while being snarky, especially when people are simply trying to help.

Queen if it's any consolation I think you are a class act and anyone can see that you were only trying to help. ;)
I'm super glad the 2 pups were saved! 2 down, thousands to go! Queen your donations (and mine!) to our local humane societies save pups every day and here's hoping for more happy endings. :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.