Please Help!

SuperMom2

SAHM of 2
O.G.
Jul 25, 2008
MA
My kids and I went out for ice cream and they got some choc on my hamptons hobo. I used a non alcohol baby wipe to get it off. I later noticed that it looks like it rubbed the pebbled leather off in that spot. It looks like one smooth spot in the middle of my bag :crybaby:It that normal?

Apr 25, 2007
San Antonio
I don't think you are supposed to use conditioner on the pebbled leather.. check the card that came with it.

I'm so sorry that happened though!

TXGirlie

O.G.
Jul 21, 2008
North Texas
No cleaners or conditioners on pebbled leather. They actually rec. a damp cloth only.
There was a thread about this recently, try searching "cleaning pebbled leather" something to that effect.

SuperMom2

SAHM of 2
O.G.
Jul 25, 2008
MA
I didn't use a cleaner or conditioner just a baby wipe. Someone said that is ok to use a baby wipe on pebbled leather as long it was alcohol free. I am so upset right now :crybaby:

greenpixie

More please!
O.G.
Dec 1, 2006
Baby wipes are generally gentle enough for pebbled leather, but you have to be careful since wiping too hard can collapse the pebbling. I have no idea what might help the collapsed surface - I would consult a leather expert at this point. DO NOT try to condition it as it may collapse the pebbling even more.

I am so sorry this happened! How big/noticeable is the spot?

SuperMom2

SAHM of 2
O.G.
Jul 25, 2008
MA
Can you take a picture of the spot?

Yes I will try and post pics later today. I have to recharge my camera.

As far as how big the spot is. Well big enough that it is gonna bother me. A may have rubbed to hard to get the spot off not realizing that is no no :sad: for this kind of leather.

SuperMom2

SAHM of 2
O.G.
Jul 25, 2008
MA
Well I can't seem to get the pics to come out the way I want but I have decided I love the bag to much to let it ruin it for me. I moved the charm I had on it from one side to the other and that helps cover up the spot. I will just be more careful in the future when cleaning my bag.