Please help!

^that sounds so much nicer than those nasty plastic e collars they give u at the vets...lucky kitty! (although I'm sure she wouldn't agree at the moment!) LOL

Sorry, I am back... I don't know if you are reading this since it is probably very late, but to answer some of your questions...
I would give the Amoxi tonight. You just draw up until 0.9 on the marker with the syringe. They probably gave you a 1.0 ml syringe. There is a great demonstration video from Cornell Feline Health Center on How to Give Your Cat Liquid Medications -> http://www.felinevideos.vet.cornell.edu/index.shtml
If you are unsure whether they medicated the ears, I would then just put the Tresaderm drops in her affected ear and start cleaning tomorrow morning. Twice daily, means 12 hours apart, but do your best. 8AM and 8PM or whatever time you can do it. If you give at midnight, you can still start in the morning to get your inteded schedule.
As for the order, you can chose to clean and medicate ears in a different time than giving her oral liquid medication. Or all the same. (1) Clean ears, (2) Apply Tresaderm, (3) Oral Amoxicillin. Or (1) Oral Amoxicillin, (2) Clearn ears, and then (3) Appy Tresaderm. When you give oral meds, she may drool, but you will get the hang of it. You can give her favorite treats or canned food right after.
I assume you will have to return for a recheck after surgery, and then after medications are done. You don't need a large amount to clean the ears, just enough to hear squishy sounds when you massage her ears to break down the gunk. You won't be able to count the drops most likely, but usually 3-5 drops of Tresaderm should be enough.

Hi, tiramisu! Yup, I am up with my little cat sleeping on my lap as I am on tPF :smile:
Thanks again for this information. I think I am going to give her her meds right now. For the ear solutions, should I just leave it in there, or do I somehow get it out?

I obviously can't say it would be not bad, but I would give it to her now. And I would not fret if you give it to her again in the morning. I sometimes do not give meds in a strict 12 hours regimen neither...
When you put anything in the ears, your kitty will very likely to shake it out (And by the way, the excessive shaking was part of the trauma of causing ear hematomas). So you won't have to take anything out. Just apply and gently massage the base of the ears. Your kitty might like the massage. When you actually use EpiOtic and clean the ears, you could use a cotton ball and gently wipe away the debris and gunk on the ear flap part. But don't stick anything down the ear canal.
You are going to be good at this once you get used to it!!! Don't worry~~~!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Disclamer: I am not a veterinarian... Please never start or continue any veterinary medical treatment/program for your pet without the supervision of your pet's veterinarian. Information I share are my from my experience and knowledge in the profession and only for general information purpose only. They should NEVER replace the advice of your pet's veterinarian.[/FONT]

I obviously can't say it would be not bad, but I would give it to her now. And I would not fret if you give it to her again in the morning. I sometimes do not give meds in a strict 12 hours regimen neither...
When you put anything in the ears, your kitty will very likely to shake it out (And by the way, the excessive shaking was part of the trauma of causing ear hematomas). So you won't have to take anything out. Just apply and gently massage the base of the ears. Your kitty might like the massage. When you actually use EpiOtic and clean the ears, you could use a cotton ball and gently wipe away the debris and gunk on the ear flap part. But don't stick anything down the ear canal.
You are going to be good at this once you get used to it!!! Don't worry~~~!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Disclamer: I am not a veterinarian... Please never start or continue any veterinary medical treatment/program for your pet without the supervision of your pet's veterinarian. Information I share are my from my experience and knowledge in the profession and only for general information purpose only. They should NEVER replace the advice of your pet's veterinarian.[/FONT]
Thanks for all of your help! I know you are not a vet, but your advice is the best I have right now, kwim? I truly appreciate it. I would have been counting down the second hand on the clock for the 12 hour time. hehe. I am going to do the meds right now for her. I am very glad that you told me about that soft e collar, that's such a great invention! I wish she had it now.

I just watched and read those website(thanks), maybe I should give her the amoxil now(that's to prevent infection, right?) and the ear cleanser tomorrow so that her ear isn't as sore as it is now? What would you do in this case?

No worries. I just wanted to start putting that disclaimer on to protect myself and people like you and others who read because the last thing I want to do is to make your pet suffer because of what I said~~~:crybaby:

Amoxi is an antibiotic so it is supposed to 'kill off' the current bacterial infection and prevent from further infection. She already has ear infection and even though it is 'locally' infected, some veterinarians may give antibiotics that works 'systemically' in case the bacteria travels in the blood/lymph.

If cleaning her ears with EpiOtic is too much tonight, I would just give her the Tresaderm still. Tresaderm is also antibiotic/antifungal/antiinflammatory that works locally, so it would help her ears for sure.

Then you and I should go to bed~~~!!! It has been a very long day for you guys!

Disclamer: I am not a veterinarian... Please never start or continue any veterinary medical treatment/program for your pet without the supervision of your pet's veterinarian. Information I share are my from my experience and knowledge in the profession and only for general information purpose only. They should NEVER replace the advice of your pet's veterinarian.

I just gave her the tresaderm, and she acted like it hurt her. She meowed and was growling and acting hurt. Was she supposed to do this? Did it hurt her? Poor kitty. :sad:

It probably did a bit... It probably stung a bit... Remember her ears are infected... When we put something on infected wounds, it could sting, too. Plus, cats don't like to be messed...so probably mix of everything. YOU didn't hurt her... I know, it's hard to see your baby yelp like that... But be strong mommy! At the end, this is hopefully going to help her ear infection clear up, which will make her stop scratching, etc...

Disclamer: I am not a veterinarian... Please never start or continue any veterinary medical treatment/program for your pet without the supervision of your pet's veterinarian. Information I share are my from my experience and knowledge in the profession and only for general information purpose only. They should NEVER replace the advice of your pet's veterinarian.

Thank you so much for all the help tonight, tiramisu! I really am grateful for it, I would have been completely lost without it, at least I had information to guide me! Have a good night!

This is really rough. Here it is almost 6 am, and I have gotten a total of about 2 broken up hours of sleep. My poor little cat won't keep the collar thing on, she growls and it seems to hurt her once I try to put it on. So here I am sitting here watching her to make sure she doesn't pick at her hurt ear. What is really ironic about this is that I have developed an ear ache myself. I am so tired. Today, I have to ask the vet what alternatives are there to the cone, hopefully she could tolerate the soft e collar. :sad: