Please help! Your opinions needed: red caviar jumbo OR ...

hi red with gold hardware is beautiful. i do know what you mean about searching for your red as i have been on the same mission. i also did pass on this bag during cruise. spring summer is having the red caviar jumbo and maxi as well which is a brighter red. it is available in caviar and lambskin as posted many times of the forum already. Maybe you should wait for this red and if you like it better, exchange it.

You ladies are BRILLIANT! Your posts made me take BIG RED out of her box to figure out what's bothering me about her. I twisted and turned it, carefully of course, every which way and I couldn't find one thing to really complain about. This bag is absolutely gorgeous. I guess because I've been seeing all those tomato red lambskin flaps during my searches for red flaps on eBay for the last year, the difference between both bags stood out for me.

But thanks to your suggestions and advice, I'm finally realizing those differences can work out for me. Right now, I think I will be keeping my red caviar flap and at the same time, keep looking for the perfect medium fire engine red lambskin flap with flashy gold HW on eBay. I can still justify getting it because these two bags are nothing alike... right? :graucho:

I almost gave up on that bag and then got message today mine came in also. It is on it's way to me with GHW but I am kind of over it, so I will see when it gets here. I get excited in the beginning but the wait dulls the excitement for me. I do think the GHW on this bag is classy because it is more muted then some of the older hardware.

Oh please tell me what you think of yours when you get it. I am really interested in getting your input. I just realized I misspoke when I said the flap had brushed GHW. I think you described the HW perfectly by calling it muted, which I also think works for this bag.

:biggrin: to everyone.

Hi Marose,

I have the red caviar w/ SHW and love it. If you said you wanted to exchange yours for the Navy Jumbo, well, then I might have to think about that. Sorry, not a fan of the GST

I returned mine. If you dont absolutely love it, you will regret it if you keep it. Believe me, I have over 7 Chanels that have never left the box and I regret keeping. The only one that I dont regret keeping that has never left the box is the mobile coral patent.

I went back and forth for days on the red jumbo and the color is not as pretty as I had hoped.

I liked it but did not love it.

SInce they stopped production on the red caviar jumbo, I would be careful. Most of them are defective with stitching coming out, different color red leathers in the bag, flaps coming apart, and broken chains and leather problems. Do a search for red caviar ...stopping product before you fork down the money. Remember lamb is ultra delicate, so caviar is the way to go, but not for this defective bag.

These statements should not be made lightly like this. there are no facts to substantiate these allegation of the Red Cruise Caviar Jumbo being a defective bag or of Chanel stopping production, or of different color red leathers in the bag, or of flaps coming apart. We must be careful in the forum of what information we give.:heart:H

SInce they stopped production on the red caviar jumbo, I would be careful. Most of them are defective with stitching coming out, different color red leathers in the bag, flaps coming apart, and broken chains and leather problems. Do a search for red caviar ...stopping product before you fork down the money. Remember lamb is ultra delicate, so caviar is the way to go, but not for this defective bag.

Francesca's description is indicative of the problems I personally had with the bag. The reds were different on the bottom and the chain strap was coming unglued. I can't speak for others, but I do think there were similar problems from others as well.

My mom, cousin and I all have the red jumbo caviar flap with silver hw. No problems so far, we :heart: that bag!

Good luck on your search for the red lamb. With that said, enjoy your red caviar while you can. (btw, the navy GST is gorgeous IRL!) :graucho: