Please help! YG or RG Cartier love?

crimsonsky

Jun 6, 2011
Hi! I've been stewing over this and have gone to the store multiple times and I keep flip flopping between YG or RG (pink gold) love. Would really love some guidance/suggestions here. Which color looks better on me against my skin tone? (fyi, I'm asian around NC 20-25). Thanks!

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 2,323
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 2,614
Hi! I've been stewing over this and have gone to the store multiple times and I keep flip flopping between YG or RG (pink gold) love. Would really love some guidance/suggestions here. Which color looks better on me against my skin tone? (fyi, I'm asian around NC 20-25). Thanks!
Hi there, i like the RG against your skin tone esp on the first pic.

What is your heart telling you?

Looking forward to seeing what you decide!

I'm Asian too but I've always been obsessed with YG so I went with that without a doubt. Also it looks great when you're tan :smile: but RG is also beautiful for your skin tone!

15r1hxt.jpg

23kd75l.jpg

I had the same dilemma too and it depends on what you want! I personally went with YG (Hubs and all the SAs I saw agreed) because I think it looks nice against my Asian skin tone and it pops more when I look at it. The RG is pretty too and it has a softer glow against your skin. Either way you can't go wrong! :smile:

I had the same dilemma too and it depends on what you want! I personally went with YG (Hubs and all the SAs I saw agreed) because I think it looks nice against my Asian skin tone and it pops more when I look at it. The RG is pretty too and it has a softer glow against your skin. Either way you can't go wrong! :smile:

oh man, you literally hit the nail on the head. The RG kind of blends into my skin (guessed I couldn't decide if I liked that) and the YG pops more. The reason I usually don't go for YG is that depends on the brand and how it's made, sometimes it can look too yellow.

I have also never been able to see a worn RG love in person. What's interesting is that I went to a few different stores, and all the SAs have it in YG. And one of the SAs was very honest with me and basically said that they all get YG because they secretly all know RG will fade. I've been searching for pictures online of a worn RG love. So far what I can tell is that it's really a mix bag. Some looks more yellow, some looks more brassy, some stayed the same?

Last edited:
^
I bought my rose gold even when I read some posters complained that theirs faded and has now looked more like yellow gold.
Will take rose gold any day and in the worst case scenario it will just look like yellow gold. So at least I can enjoy the rose gold for however long it lasts!
It sounds like you have a preference for the louder yellow gold that pops more. Most rose gold lovers will just go for it without having to ask...

I have both yellow and pink gold and personally I love the yellow gold. I didn't even consider getting yellow gold for my first bracelet I just got the pink gold. My pink gold is pretty rosy while my yellow gold is pretty yellow imo. My yellow one is a lot brighter and looks cleaner (but it is newer). Like the earlier posts say, if you prefer for the bracelet to pop, yellow is probably best (the yellow one is a lot more noticeable). My pink gold one matches my skin tone more so it kinda blends.
I'm not sure if it's just me but the pink gold one seems like the scratches are more evident, whereas the yellow not so much.

Reactions: uhpharm01
I have both yellow and pink gold and personally I love the yellow gold. I didn't even consider getting yellow gold for my first bracelet I just got the pink gold. My pink gold is pretty rosy while my yellow gold is pretty yellow imo. My yellow one is a lot brighter and looks cleaner (but it is newer). Like the earlier posts say, if you prefer for the bracelet to pop, yellow is probably best (the yellow one is a lot more noticeable). My pink gold one matches my skin tone more so it kinda blends.
I'm not sure if it's just me but the pink gold one seems like the scratches are more evident, whereas the yellow not so much.

That is really good to know about the scratches. I guess I can't decide if I like it subtle or pop. I think it's more like I like the RG for day time and YG for night lol. I'm also thinking about the longevity of RG. Considering that it's a pretty hefty investment, I'm afraid that RG is more of a fad. But it's really interesting to know that you had a preference after owning both.

I was wondering if possible can you post some pics of your bracelets together? And how long have you had each piece? Thanks so much for the advice!!

I agree with the above. I had both rg and yg, and I felt like my rg one looked scratched a lot more than my yg. I would choose yg, its classic. I never really loved my rg. It always looked off to me, compared to the classic yg. I eventually sold it and bought the wg. So now I wear the yg and wg.