Home & Garden Please help... would like to buy Hermes for china cabinet

dari

O.G.
Aug 23, 2006
Hello,

My family & I recently purchased a house, and with that, a new dining room set. The china cabinet has three levels... I would like to decorate the whole thing with Hermes dishes. I like the Mosaique au 24 set... could you ladies help me arrange it? I honestly have no clue how one arranges dishes in a china cabinet, I've watched some videos on Youtube but to be honest my eyes just kind of glaze over, thats why I'm turning to TPF for help. I'm no interior decorator, I'm just not creative/artistic enough.

How many plates should I get? How many cups? How many different sizes? How many of each?

Thanks in advance!

I would consider a dinner plate, salad/bread plate, soup bowl, cup & saucer
& serving pieces.. service for 8 is a good start

How many are in your family? Is this to be used for entertaining purposes?

Adjust your shelves to accomodate the dinner plate (back of shelf) & you can put the
salad plate w/cup & saucer on top of the shelf

Serving pieces could go on another shelf.. Soup bowls could just be put on the
shelf with salad plates under them..

You can also pull a color from the plate & coordinate other pieces for serving
purposes or as dessert plates

Just play & see what looks good to your eye

Hello,

My family & I recently purchased a house, and with that, a new dining room set. The china cabinet has three levels... I would like to decorate the whole thing with Hermes dishes. I like the Mosaique au 24 set... could you ladies help me arrange it? I honestly have no clue how one arranges dishes in a china cabinet, I've watched some videos on Youtube but to be honest my eyes just kind of glaze over, thats why I'm turning to TPF for help. I'm no interior decorator, I'm just not creative/artistic enough.

How many plates should I get? How many cups? How many different sizes? How many of each?

Thanks in advance!

Good God, don't buy Hermes dishes just to display in a china cabinet - USE THEM. I have 2 Hermes patterns which we use everyday - they can take the use (and abuse).

So the answer to your question should be buy enough to cover your family and guests when you entertain. (i regularly purchase 12 places for each pattern.)

I would consider a dinner plate, salad/bread plate, soup bowl, cup & saucer
& serving pieces.. service for 8 is a good start

How many are in your family? Is this to be used for entertaining purposes?

Adjust your shelves to accomodate the dinner plate (back of shelf) & you can put the
salad plate w/cup & saucer on top of the shelf

Serving pieces could go on another shelf.. Soup bowls could just be put on the
shelf with salad plates under them..

You can also pull a color from the plate & coordinate other pieces for serving
purposes or as dessert plates

Just play & see what looks good to your eye

I'm embarassed to say this, but I don't even know which plate is what plate. I just want to display this... our seating is for 8, but there's 6, soon to be 7, in our family. I don't plan on using them at all, just to display in the china cabinet. I wanted to know how much of each, and what of each, I don't have much of an eye at all for this kind of stuff

Good God, don't buy Hermes dishes just to display in a china cabinet - USE THEM. I have 2 Hermes patterns which we use everyday - they can take the use (and abuse).

So the answer to your question should be buy enough to cover your family and guests when you entertain. (i regularly purchase 12 places for each pattern.)

I really don't want to use such expensive plates, I just want enough pieces to decorate the china cabinet. My budget doesn't allow for more than that.