Please Help with yet another bag decision!

JennyErin

O.G.
Mar 31, 2007
So I am allowing myself one bag this year, just one. I am due to have my second baby in the summer so I am trying to be "frugal". Anyways I was set on getting the Delightful PM, its a shoulder bag, it will be good for my needs and suit my life style for years to come, plus I love how it looks. HOWEVER I still keep going back to wanting a Mono Speedy 35. There is just something about Speedy, she is just so classic. This being said, I do already have a Speedy 30 in Damier Ebene, but I can't help lusting after more Speedies!

So I guess I'm just looking for everyones opinions on what my last bag for at least a year should be.

In case anyone needs background info, this is what I already have:
Neverfull Mono MM
Speedy 30 Damier Ebene
Bellevue PM in Pomme and
Eva in Damier Ebene

I appreciate any input!!

Ahh, needs vs wants. Good choices either way. I would get the bag you want and a generic diaper/practical bag that you can keep in the car or slung unto the stroller or something. You only live once. However, you could probably go either route because you already have both a Speedy and a shoulder bag.

I guess the question is, if you got the Delightful would you feel happy you chose the practical route a year later, or look back and wish you'd gotten the bag you seem to really want?

Ahh, needs vs wants. Good choices either way. I would get the bag you want and a generic diaper/practical bag that you can keep in the car or slung unto the stroller or something. You only live once. However, you could probably go either route because you already have both a Speedy and a shoulder bag.

I guess the question is, if you got the Delightful would you feel happy you chose the practical route a year later, or look back and wish you'd gotten the bag you seem to really want?

Thanks for your opinons ladies! I would be very happy with Delightful, I just can't help wanting Speedy now too. Most likely I will just end up getting Speedy once I go back to work anyways, I just hate waiting! I guess I just need justification that waiting is ok too :lol:

I have not carried my Speedy in about 2 years (daughter is 2 years old). I LOVE them, but it was so much easier to carry something on my shoulder, since I was always carrying a baby around. Now that she's getting older, I'm carrying less stuff with me so I'm looking at Speedys again.. There's nothing wrong with waiting for the perfect time to buy a certain bag... I'm very impatient, though LOL! Sometimes the wait makes you appreciate your bags more, though ;) I'd suggest the delightful (tried one on in store and OMG almost walked out with her instead of my Artsy LOL!), but if you REALLY want the speedy and you will actually USE it, then go for the Speedy!

I have the speedy 35 in mono and absolutely love it. I tried on the delightful and it wasnt really "me". I would go with the mono speedy since it seems to be the one that you cannot get out of your mind.

Thank you all for you imput! While thinking about it, hard, I think I'm going to go with the delightful now and once I go back to work, reward my hard working self with the speedy 35, I would use that much more for work anyways. Shoulder bags are much more kid friendly! Thanks for helping me make up my mind!

Hi! We are (were :smile: ) definitely in similar situations -- I too am expecting my second this summer, and I too have a Damier Ebene Speedy 30 :smile: -- and I just bought a Delightful PM (exchanging after buying a Delightful MM) last month! (and Damier mini pochette 3 days ago...)
I'm looking forward to having a shoulder bag. Admittedly, I did buy a Ebene shoulder strap to use with my speedy 30 (currently have a 2.5 year old) -- I plan to use it intermittently with the Delightful PM even though it doesn't match perfectly, and I have been using it with my new mini pochette, as I have to carry a phone and a pager most of the time and with the maternity clothing, don't have much to strap the pager onto.
HTH! and Congratulations!