Please help with Rolex purchase

Bagladee

O.G.
Mar 17, 2009
Yesterday I went to a Rolex event at a local jewelers and was overwhelmed. I thought I wanted 36mm SS with some comination of diamond markers or bezel, MOP and favoring Roman numerals. I tend to like bling and so most of my watches have diamond bezels and/or markers. Years ago I had a gold Rolex datejust with the jubilee bracelet and although I tired of the gold, I loved the comfort of the bracelet. Now I think I may want to try the oyster bracelet. For those of you that have both, which do you favor and why. I love the MOP but they didn't have MOP with diamond markers. The picture is my favorite - I think. They had both the white flower dial and the silver. I liked both equally. I wonder though if this might be trendy. Would you spend the money to have both MOP and diamond markers - skip them to have diamond bezel? Which bracelet? I would like to keep the price below $12K.
attachment.php

Attachments

• rolex - silver floral dial with diamond bezel & oyster bracelet.jpg
    rolex - silver floral dial with diamond bezel & oyster bracelet.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 691
Hey, I dont have both oyster and jubilee so I cant answer that question but I love my mop with diamond markers, definitely check one out in person before you buy the floral one- I absolutely adore it but I wonder if over the long term mop might be a wiser choice as the floral dial might be trendy, but I definitely would wear the floral dial if money were no object.

Hey, I dont have both oyster and jubilee so I cant answer that question but I love my mop with diamond markers, definitely check one out in person before you buy the floral one- I absolutely adore it but I wonder if over the long term mop might be a wiser choice as the floral dial might be trendy, but I definitely would wear the floral dial if money were no object.

Thanks bigheart - I tried on the floral dial in both the white and the silver yesterday at the jewelry store. It was stunning. The ones I tried on had the oyster bracelet, but I know you can also get it in the jubliee. Had they done the floral design on an MOP dial I would have bought it in a heartbeat! You have the same concern I do. I am trying to justify to myself that if I tire of it I can just trade up later. I am really good at justifying a purchase. I'm just trying to be a little more reasonable.

I really like some diamonds on my watches also, I really do think that diamond markers on any of the white, pink or black mop are really really nice, but if you think that you really want that floral dial and may trade later- go for it! Have fun rolex shopping, post a picture when you get it!

I really like some diamonds on my watches also, I really do think that diamond markers on any of the white, pink or black mop are really really nice, but if you think that you really want that floral dial and may trade later- go for it! Have fun rolex shopping, post a picture when you get it!

Do you have a jublilee or oyster bracelet?

The picture is my favorite - I think. They had both the white flower dial and the silver. I liked both equally. I wonder though if this might be trendy. Would you spend the money to have both MOP and diamond markers - skip them to have diamond bezel? Which bracelet? I would like to keep the price below $12K.
attachment.php

-The floral might be trendy, I probably (but can't say for sure) wouldn't get it as my only Rolex. I have this one in the pink floral dial and I love it! The pink isn't overwhelming, you can wear it with anything. I have the jubilee bracelet, which I like better on this watch than the oyster, which is more 'manly' or sporty to me. The list was 11,000+, I got it at an AD for 9,000-something FYI.

OTOH if you love it who cares if it is trendy? I don't care, I wear what I like :yes:

I also once had a pink MOP dial with diamond markers nd bezel, the pink was also very subtle.

Last edited:
-The floral might be trendy, I probably (but can't say for sure) wouldn't get it as my only Rolex. I have this one in the pink floral dial and I love it! The pink isn't overwhelming, you can wear it with anything. I have the jubilee bracelet, which I like better on this watch than the oyster, which is more 'manly' or sporty to me. The list was 11,000+, I got it at an AD for 9,000-something FYI.

OTOH if you love it who cares if it is trendy? I don't care, I wear what I like :yes:

I also once had a pink MOP dial with diamond markers nd bezel, the pink was also very subtle.

Thanks for your help chessmont. I think you are right about the oyster bracelet being more sporty. I really want to see the pink. I think I will do some calling around tomorrow. What does "AD" stand for?

I saw the pink in person and LOVED IT! I've always wanted the Cartier Pasha with pink dial, but after seeing this watch, I think this is the watch I would like to own one day. Also, I personally like it with the oyster bracelet, but then again I'm currently wearing a yachtmaster. Good luck with your decision!

Yesterday I went to a Rolex event at a local jewelers and was overwhelmed. I thought I wanted 36mm SS with some comination of diamond markers or bezel, MOP and favoring Roman numerals. I tend to like bling and so most of my watches have diamond bezels and/or markers. Years ago I had a gold Rolex datejust with the jubilee bracelet and although I tired of the gold, I loved the comfort of the bracelet. Now I think I may want to try the oyster bracelet. For those of you that have both, which do you favor and why. I love the MOP but they didn't have MOP with diamond markers. The picture is my favorite - I think. They had both the white flower dial and the silver. I liked both equally. I wonder though if this might be trendy. Would you spend the money to have both MOP and diamond markers - skip them to have diamond bezel? Which bracelet? I would like to keep the price below $12K.
attachment.php

This watch is so pretty! what is the listing price?