Please HELP with question regarding Leather & signature?

SilverSea

O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
I deff want to purchase a sabrina. My question is what do you think will hold up better over time, the leather or signature material? I have heard a lot of ladies say that the leather on the corners of there bags has worn off. I haven't heard anything thus far negative about the signature material. Which do you reccomend?

I've pretty much become a leather girl now. I haven't noticed any wearing of my leather bags at the corners, and I'm pretty hard on them, although I do clean and moisturize mine as well. My signature bags take more time to clean, which is why I just buy leather now. (I'm kinda lazy! lol) I have a leather julianne and it's wearing perfectly well so far.

Go leather!

I love mu siggy bags but at the same time I am starting to go more towards leather the last 3 I bought were leather. I think it is all about personal preference I personally do not like the signature sabrina at all. I do love the leather ones I think they are much nicer and alot more versitile. I think it all depends on how you take care of your bags.

my leather sabrina gets pretty roughed up carrying my two kids etc..i have not notice any rubbing off of the leather,,and i have been using her every day for about a month...i looked at the sigs when i was in the store the other day,,most times sigs look nice but for some reason on the sabrina i wasnt thrilled with it,,just doesnt "fit" the bag to me...then again, i am the one who just bought the tattersall domed grafitti satchel so my taste is crazy anyway!!!:nuts:
but just to give u a sane answer,,no wearing of the leather on my sabrina at all and i love her!!

I just started the transition to more leather bags too...mostly siggy here and no problems at all! I'm lusting over that green patent sabrina though!!!!!! Of course I switch my bags out sometimes every few days to everyday!

As you can see in my sig, I want a Cherry Sabrina, so leather is my first choice.
If I got a sig, then I would want black/black or brown/brown. I like Coach leather bags more than sig.

I only have signature. I think they wear better. Just my 2 cents worth tho.

That's what I was thinking. I have only ever bought signature. I love leather and want to transition but am afraid the leather is going to show marks and wear a lot quicker. I really want the gray sabrina. Anyone having problems with the light colored leather showing marks on them?

In general I would pick a leather bag over a sig. It just seems like leather is more worth the money and would be more durable. I don't know about the leather quality of the sabrina though, so I'm not really any help.. However, I do think it's how you treat/care for/use your bag that does have alot to do with any wear, markings, etc etc.
If I bought the sabrina I'd go for leather though!

The leather on my sabrina isn't showing any signs of wear whatsoever. She HAS become softer and more slouchy with use, but that's normal.

Actually, i was under the impression that the siggie fabric would wear MORE quickly than the leather. That was why I went for the leather in the first place! Sure leather is going to be more prone to scratches and scuffs, but it is the more durable material out of the two (I think?) and from what I remember, people were concerned over the corners of the siggie sabrina being worn too quickly? (Not that I think there has been any proof of this so far... it's just what people were speculating!)

In my experience, leather does not wear as quickly as their signature jacquard fabric. However, if you do get a scratch or something it will probably be more visible on the leather since the signature pattern hides imperfections pretty well. I only have one signature bag though so I may be biased. A brightly dyed leather will show wear faster than a neutrally colored signature piece but given similar colors, a leather bag will probably hold up better over time if you take care of it properly.

if i were going to buy an expensive bag, i'd buy leather. the thing about coach signature is everyone and their mother has one.. to me it's kinda lost its appeal. i'm on a college campus and every third person has a coach bag, gets old after a while... jmho.