Please help with picking a summer vacation tote bag.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Save 25% off all Jeans at Nordstrom. Sale ends Sunday at noon EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone,

I need some help from the dooneynistas here. I am going for a week vacation soon and flying there. I am looking for a good deal on a tote bag on Ilovedooney. I would like to get leather tote bag. I am drawn to tan, orange and pink colors. I am a shorty 5" so have to keep the portions and weight of the bag.

Which Dooney Tote bag do you use for travel or summer? I would love to hear what your pick would be from the current sales on ILD. Thanks for your help!

DianaP

What do you think about the Pebble Grain Charleston Tangerine? I recently purchased the drawstring Montecito bag however I think it would get scratched up tossing it around all week.

Attached Files:

2. The Charleston is a nice bag and a good size...not too big. I had a Charleston in taupe a couple of years ago and I enjoyed the functionality.

For travel I might consider one of the nice nylon totes since they are sturdy and very lightweight. Good luck!

3. Thanks for the response. Great options here all of them would work. I need to order asap I will check ebay for some gently used options also.

4. Thanks for helping :smile:

5. Look at all the measurements of the bags you are considering. Some of the totes have very narrow bottoms. I think for travel you want a wider bottom so you have more room in the handbag. I think a 6" bottom base would be ideal to keep the bag in a modest size. Anything smaller would limit what you could put into the bag. I wouldn't mind an 8" base for a tote for travel.

6. Hello, Your correct about the size since I want to load it up for a carry on. I will also use a cross body. I am leaning towards a Nylon bag since this will be light and roomy. Thanks for your response.
    DianaP

7. I did a search on the internet for D & B luggage and look what popped up. I would love this FUN set!! LOL

Attached Files:

8. DP: that would be fun for travel. And easy to spot in an airport.

9. I have the Charleston tote in this exact color and I absolutely love it. Like you, I like carrying a tote but also like to have a cross body bag. I'm a little OCD about my bags matching so I have the Davis Tassel Tote in nylon and the Nylon cross body both in Tmoro Brown

Attached Files:

10. Nylon Crossbody Pouchette in Tmoro Brown.

Attached Files:

11. I would use my Claremont Dover Tote... I think it's perfect for travel and very carefree.

Great to throw over the shoulder and under the seat on the plane. It has a center divider that can be used to separate your snacks and book, etc.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1462401127.397670.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1462401139.014277.jpg

12. OMG, I came THIS CLOSE to buying a black/saddle Charleston in Macy's today. :cray: That bag just looked so gorgeous sitting on the display. Of course, there were no sales going on so I dragged myself away. :lol:

13. Great picks thanks again everyone. I love them all.