Please help with next steps... bought fake LV

Savanna08

Apr 17, 2009
Hi out there, I am new to tpf and need some help. I purchased a Louis Vuitton Azur Speedy 30 and received it yesterday. I had it authenticated by carol@caroldiva.com and it is not authentic. I have contacted the seller and have not heard back from her. Sorry to say she is advertising another LV and adding that she is a member of this website. I guess my question is what is my next step to get my $475.00 back. I was planning on filing a police report, USPS fraud and anything else, Please Help.

roxies_mom

O.G.
Mar 7, 2006
Hi out there, I am new to tpf and need some help. I purchased a Louis Vuitton Azur Speedy 30 and received it yesterday. I had it authenticated by carol@caroldiva.com and it is not authentic. I have contacted the seller and have not heard back from her. Sorry to say she is advertising another LV and adding that she is a member of this website. I guess my question is what is my next step to get my $475.00 back. I was planning on filing a police report, USPS fraud and anything else, Please Help.

Oh no! That stinks......Did you buy this on ebay? If so, you need to file a claim with Ebay/Paypal asap! If you paid via credit card, you can file with your credit card company also. Since you have verfication from an authenticator, I think you should win your case and get your money back....

Finally, would you post the link or item number to the other bag she has for sale so it can be authenticated and if it's not real it can be reported.

Good luck.....

roxies_mom

O.G.
Mar 7, 2006
Yes, it depends on where you bought it and how you paid. If it was on fBay with PP, go to PP's Resolution Center and open a sold-not-as-described dispute. Do not file a chargeback with your cc or PP will drop your claim.

"Do not file a chargeback with your cc or PP will drop your claim"

Wow, I did not know that....thanks karmenzsofia! I think it was Miss Banff that told me you were a wealth of info on this kind of stuff! It's a good thing to know....

sorry op, I didn't mean to give you bad information!

Jun 25, 2008
"Do not file a chargeback with your cc or PP will drop your claim"

Wow, I did not know that....thanks karmenzsofia! I think it was Miss Banff that told me you were a wealth of info on this kind of stuff! It's a good thing to know....

sorry op, I didn't mean to give you bad information!

Yeah, they'll drop you and let you deal with the cc company. Not only that, but from then on the PP account might be flagged and restricted because of the chargeback. That's why it's better to make as good a case as possible with PP and give that a chance before doing anything else.;)