Please Help with Next Birkin or Kelly.....

What should be next

• Total voters

DollyDoll

Aug 7, 2015
Calling all Hermes lovers I need your help choosing what my next Hermes bag should be. Here's the scoop currently I own a Rouge G Birkin 35 I absolutely love this bag and it goes well with my wardrobe. I do find the 35 a little large for dinners out but I've made it work. I also own a Etoupe Kelly 35 Sellier. If I had to do it again I would have chosen a Kelly 32 as I find the 35 Sellier a little too large but none the less this bag gets so many compliments.

Now where do I go from here
1. Black Birkin 35 great for every day use.
2. Birkin 30 casual and I can dress this size up.
3. Black Kelly Sellier 28 or 32 great for dinners
4. Blue Z Birkin 30 splash of color and a super fun bag. But will it be a good year around color?
5. Gris Mouette Birkin 30 My dream color maybe the gray I was hoping for in Etoupe but does it make sense to go with this color and I also have Etoupe.

Looking forward to your input and advise you wonderful ladies provide ❤️

Last edited:
Calling all Hermes lovers I need your help choosing what my next Hermes bag should be. Here's the scoop currently I own a Rouge G Birkin 35 I absolutely love this bag and it goes well with my wardrobe. I do find the 35 a little large for dinners out but I've made it work. I also own a Etoupe Kelly 35 Sellier. If I had to do it again I would have chosen a Kelly 32 as I find the 35 Sellier a little too large but none the less this bag gets so many compliments.

3. Black Kelly Sellier 28 or 30 great for dinners
4. Blue Z Birkin 30 splash of color and a super fun bag. But will it be a good year around color?
5. Gris Mouette Birkin 30 My dream color maybe the gray I was hoping for in Etoupe but does it make sense to go with this color and I also have Etoupe.

Looking forward to your input and advise you wonderful ladies provide ❤️
I would choose the Black Kelly Sellier, a pure beauty you can wear on your shoulder with the strap.
Good luck deciding, but you can't go wrong with any of your choices :smile:

3. Black Kelly Sellier 28 or 30 great for dinners

Looking forward to your input and advise you wonderful ladies provide [emoji173]️
I feel that you should downsize each bk in your collection
You have both 35 already everyday
My suggestion
Black
Grey
Gold
Anemone
Blue electric
As for evening
You can go for simple clutch
Such as jige

BTW kelly don't come in 30cm

I would choose the Black Kelly Sellier, a pure beauty you can wear on your shoulder with the strap.
Good luck deciding, but you can't go wrong with any of your choices :smile:
Thank you so much for your response! I think you are right the Kelly will be a great addition but I'm so afraid of missing Gris Mouette But I don't have a black Hermes bag so maybe that will be the smart choice.

I feel that you should downsize each bk in your collection
You have both 35 already everyday
My suggestion
Black
Grey
Gold
Anemone
Blue electric
As for evening
You can go for simple clutch
Such as jige

BTW kelly don't come in 30cm
Thank you for your suggestions I do agree my next purchase should be a smaller size. Just can't decide exactly which color .....

Thank you for pointing out the Kelly size it was simply a typo lol it was correct in the poll :smile:

My first choice would be a black Kelly 28...because I think you need a classic and smaller bag for evening than 35cm,
also black would be a nice addition to your RG and Etoupe :yes: !

Black kelly 28 (either sellier or retourne) would be super versatile OR a GM b30 would also be a lovely addition and I think totally different from your etoupe kelly 35. Then I would add a clutch like a jige in really any color.

Blue Z b30 because in a bright colour it does look bigger and you already have 35s. I think you might enjoy this size and Blue Z is gorgeous beyond belief. I don't really bother with colours that go with the seasons so can't help you there.
Or Gris Mouette since it is a seasonal colour, you might regret missing out if you really love this colour.
Kelly 28 sellier or retourne in black, you can't go wrong with this classic.
I can't find fault with any Hermes bag combination, that's my problem.

Reactions: suziez
These are all great choices, but since you don't yet have black, and you have all 35s, I would go for a black K28. It's the most versatile option:
Can be a shoulder bag, but you can detach the strap for nights out and it's hand/arm held. More flexibility there than a Birkin.
The ultimate run-around day bag, too. Holds enough to be useful but doesn't get heavy.

I would consider a retourné K28 as well as a sellier - slightly easier to get into and out of, and if you are thinking about the structured leathers (epsom, box, etc) a retourné will still hold its shape. Of course, there is nothing more classic than the box sellier but I am a sucker for box retourné.

How fun! A few questions for you: Do you like Ks or Bs better? Do you have other black bags? Are you looking for a pop of color or are you more of a neutral type of person?

How fun! A few questions for you: Do you like Ks or Bs better? Do you have other black bags? Are you looking for a pop of color or are you more of a neutral type of person?
The joys of Hermes! I was told by my SM that they will find whatever I want so I want to take advantage and have no regrets. When I purchased my Etoupe Kelly I really wanted a true gray so there was a bit of remorse in selecting mainly because I'm offered something and afraid of ending up with nothing. To answer your questions:

1. I love both I was so a Birkin girl then I had my Kelly I became a Kelly girl. It goes back and forth.

2. Yes I do have a few other black bags an Evelyn, Classic Flap...

3. I love a pop of color but want something that will go well with my wardrobe of black, gray and navy tones. Which Blue Z would.

I've always felt black would always be available but GM may not and I would so regret not getting it.

We do a lot of networking and dining out and cocktail events at beautiful places so I would love to have a Kelly 28 for these occasions but oh how I would love GM now

Thank you for your input. Love this community who else can understand such problems. Lol.

These are all great choices, but since you don't yet have black, and you have all 35s, I would go for a black K28. It's the most versatile option:
Can be a shoulder bag, but you can detach the strap for nights out and it's hand/arm held. More flexibility there than a Birkin.
The ultimate run-around day bag, too. Holds enough to be useful but doesn't get heavy.

I would consider a retourné K28 as well as a sellier - slightly easier to get into and out of, and if you are thinking about the structured leathers (epsom, box, etc) a retourné will still hold its shape. Of course, there is nothing more classic than the box sellier but I am a sucker for box retourné.
Thank you so much for this! I so agree with you I love Kelly it would fit well with my lifestyle and it would be great from day to evening! You have slightly nudged me closer to Kelly 28 over GM B 30.

Blue Z b30 because in a bright colour it does look bigger and you already have 35s. I think you might enjoy this size and Blue Z is gorgeous beyond belief. I don't really bother with colours that go with the seasons so can't help you there.
Or Gris Mouette since it is a seasonal colour, you might regret missing out if you really love this colour.
Kelly 28 sellier or retourne in black, you can't go wrong with this classic.
I can't find fault with any Hermes bag combination, that's my problem.
I'm in the same boat as you I can't find too much fault with any Hermes bag that's why I want to be very firm in my request. Thank you for your input it's so greatly appreciated. I agree with you and others that Kelly 28 Black will be amazing addition, I will regret missing out on GM and I think Blue Z will be amazing but may have time to get this one later in the year. I will request Kelly 28 and GM B 30 and see what the Hermes Fairies have in mind for me.

Thank you again. I will update this thread with my decision and my new bag!

Reactions: loves
Black kelly 28 (either sellier or retourne) would be super versatile OR a GM b30 would also be a lovely addition and I think totally different from your etoupe kelly 35. Then I would add a clutch like a jige in really any color.
Thank you so much! Yes love GM B 30 I'm going to request it and a K28. If the H fairy sends me GM B 30 I will get a black jige to satisfy my black small bag cravings and get the Kelly next.