Please help with my new Chanel chain strap - is it faulty?

Hi guys I got my flap recently and notice the edges are not as perfect as the ones posted. It is only at the end where the join up the leather. For this reason I have not worn it. It's been a month now so it may be too late to return. I have brought it from a reseller store. It's is authentic as I had it authenticated. What do you think I should do? Go to Chanel get it fixed? ImageUploadedByPurseForum1436451720.142786.jpg

Hi guys I got my flap recently and notice the edges are not as perfect as the ones posted. It is only at the end where the join up the leather. For this reason I have not worn it. It's been a month now so it may be too late to return. I have brought it from a reseller store. It's is authentic as I had it authenticated. What do you think I should do? Go to Chanel get it fixed? View attachment 3059390

Returrn it to the reseller or get it exchanged.

Hi Ladies,

I was looking at the strap of my new beige classic flap and I realised that it looked a bit messier than I was used to. When I compared it to my black classic from a few years back, that was confirmed.

I have attached photos but if you look, the leather running through the strap on the black bag is folded so that you don't see edges and it is done very neatly. The way the leather ends are secured is also very neat and inconspicuous.

The beige bag has a strap where the leather is just folded in 3 so you see the edge of the leather, the edges are not folded over and it just looks really messy especially as the edge where the leather is cut does not match the edge of the strap. Where the ends are secured also looks very messy.

My question is: is this how classic flaps come these days? I've been buying other chanels over the last few years so I'm not sure whether this is how the chain strap should be. All I know is that my classic from 4 years ago has a much better quality strap. Please let me know if your bag is the same way because if mine is faulty, I need to return it before its too late.

TIA Alenka

Is this the 10 Inch or jumbo?
I had one from the 90's and it was also just glued. No stitch on that. The only flaps that had the stitch was the jumbo back then too? I'm so confused right now.

I just found out this today, I was admiring my bag under the sun and found there's something wrong with the leather in the chain, please find the picture attached.

I got this bag October 2015, so it's pretty new. This is obviously not normal wear and tear as I use it only occasionally.

I'm planning to take it to the store this afternoon and see what they say about this.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1455992853.361682.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1455992864.909546.jpg

It looks like the problem is with the stitching on the strap-as if it came into contact with a rough surface and the thread has broken in a few places. It appears to be in just that one area. Should be an easy fix.