Please help with my dilemma: matte black reissue or black lambskin medium flap?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Dear everyone,
    I currently own two jumbos and a 227, and I am thinking a smaller bag in black. I really want something black+gold HW+burgundy lining, so I am choosing b/w matte black reissue with vintage gold HW in size 225 and black lambskin medium/large flap also with gold HW. I love the color of gold HW of the reissue, it's not that gold as the gold HW on classic flap. However, I prefer the chain on classic flap to the chain on reissue because I think chain with interwoven leather is more comfortable, so they are my dilemma. I need your opinions about which one I should go for and why. Any piece of advice is really appreciated!:heart:

2. Both are excellent choices. Those bags are the staples of Chanel. Every girl should have it in her closet. Why not get the hybrid? It has the mademoiselle lock & the interwoven chain strap. Plus, the color of the gold on the recent bags is more subtle.

3. ^^I agree!

4. I would go for the medium/large flap

5. Is your 227 also a classic flap? not the reissue one? If so, why not getting a reissue for something different? :woot:

6. Luvily*bunny: 227 is a size for reissue :smile:

This is a tough decision, both are nice >_<

i actually feel you should go witth 225 black reissue with ghw.

7. Definitely a hybrid for you.

8. i had the same dilemma and decided the black reissue is more of a showstopper!

9. I find hybrids very unattractive and dislike the leather. I'd go with the reissue because it's a slightly more modern look and its always possible to find a classic flap if you later feel like you have the funds or desire to acquire one for variety's sake.

10. A tough decision, but I also would go for hybrid, I think it'll suit your collection best

11. Hmm, well the only hybrid flap I own is an off white one... I don't care for any other ones haha and I wouldn't suggest you buy it just for the sake of adding diversity to your collection if you aren't a fan of the design/washed caviar. :smile:

I don't think you can go wrong with either a reissue or classic flap. :love: Since I can't do straight lambskin (I go for caviar), I'd go for the reissue (the distressed matte leather is so gorgeous). :smile: Hmm, but if you think you'd use the medium flap more (comfort factor), then get that. Haha, I'm no real help. :P What color Jumbo flaps/reissue do you already have? :smile:

12. Matte black reissue.

13. Black matte reissue.

14. Thanks for everyone's reply!

venusfly, I also feel that I am not that into hybrid, so I guess I will pass it.

fieryfashionist , my jumbos and reissue are black caviar, red caviar, and navy metallic, all with silver HW.

Looks like reissue is gonna win.

More opinions?