Please help with Exotic SO

From my understanding, ostrich is slowly trickling back into the market, so availability might be less of a problem compared to recent year shortages. Having said that I am okay with gator on small items but for bigger items I prefer the scales of croc. So I'd choose ostrich. Plus handles on dark blue ostrich will fare much better than a light color. Good luck deciding on this wonderful dilemma!
You've brought up another good point. The only lisse exotic being offered is in gator (no croc, which is only being offered in Matte). I have a few gator Kelly pochettes and Medor in gator, but my birkins are croc. It feels like the croc skin is also a bit thicker/sturdier?!? but I'm not sure if this is by virtue of my gator items being smaller or is croc more sturdy. Does anyone have any info if gator birkins are thinner than croc?

Go with your heart. From reading this thread, it seems like you prefer birdie so I would suggest to go with birdie otherwise if you do gator, you may keep thinking of the missed opportunity. I don't think you would go wrong with anyone as it will end up being beautiful anyways.

May I ask if you remember the colors for Ostrich vs gator by any chance?

Thank you.

Go with your heart. From reading this thread, it seems like you prefer birdie so I would suggest to go with birdie otherwise if you do gator, you may keep thinking of the missed opportunity. I don't think you would go wrong with anyone as it will end up being beautiful anyways.

May I ask if you remember the colors for Ostrich vs gator by any chance?

Thank you.
Thank you, Yodeling1.

There were not many colors offered for ostrich, just gold, tangerine, rouge via, iris blue, blue de malte and agate gray.

I was debating between doing a subtle 2 tone kelly seller with bleu iris and blue de malte OR bleu sapphir birkin OR vert fonce kelly seller (I have a pending vert fonce croc 25 cm PO which I'm hoping is still alive. If its not I'm inclined to do vert fonce bag because I wear a lot of black and I think the green goes well with the black.)

I had a blue Iris ostrich and a tri color SO shinning croc in blue Izmir, Geranium and Cassis, I love the blue Izmir more than the blue iris.
LittleHermesgir, blue izmir croc must be amazing!!!!

I have a gris T ostrich B and a few croc Bs. I actually love the look of croc more but I feel more relaxed carrying ostrich (I'm a serious klutz and the water factor) so I tend to use the ostrich more because i feel its more durable and klutz proof.

Thank you, Yodeling1.

There were not many colors offered for ostrich, just gold, tangerine, rouge via, iris blue, blue de malte and agate gray.

I was debating between doing a subtle 2 tone kelly seller with bleu iris and blue de malte OR bleu sapphir birkin OR vert fonce kelly seller (I have a pending vert fonce croc 25 cm PO which I'm hoping is still alive. If its not I'm inclined to do vert fonce bag because I wear a lot of black and I think the green goes well with the black.)

What about gator color option? Do you remember those? Hermes makes beautiful green. I hope your PO is alive like you said.

With exotic skin, I think staying within the same tone family will be a very safe thing to do. Ir I were you I would prob do the same family tone too.

Deciding on the colors can be a very stressful process but whatever you picked I am very sure it will turn out to be special. Do show us when your bag arrives and revive this thread back. I can't wait.

What about gator color option? Do you remember those? Hermes makes beautiful green. I hope your PO is alive like you said.

With exotic skin, I think staying within the same tone family will be a very safe thing to do. Ir I were you I would prob do the same family tone too.

Deciding on the colors can be a very stressful process but whatever you picked I am very sure it will turn out to be special. Do show us when your bag arrives and revive this thread back. I can't wait.
Thank you! I will!!!

There were a lot more options for gator. For lisse, there was miel, macassar brown, poppy orange, bordeaux, braise, aubergine, prunoir, blue sapphire, blue marine, gris tourterelle, graphite, vert once, vert emerald, noir. There were a few others but I can't remember...

For matte, it was croc and gator being offered, but I was not interested in the colors other than vert titien.

Update: Spoke to my SA and apparently my PO from 2 years ago for vert fonce 25 cm croc birkin with GHW is no longer alive. :sad:

I have now decided to go for vert fonce gator, but now I'm trying to decide on vert fonce gator 25 cm kelly sellier with GHW or vert fonce gator 25 cm birkin with GHW. I have a 25 cm bordeaux croc and it is my favorite of all my bags because I love the size. All my other birkins are 30cm which is o.k. on me but I just love the 25 cm given my height (less than 5 ft). I have a kelly seller which i don't use as much since i find it a pain to get in and out of but i'm wondering if i should get the gator seller since my SA said it was harder to come by and they might be getting a 30 cm VF birkin next year (though there's no guarantee it would be offered to me...)

any advice would be appreciated, i've been thinking about this way too much...