Please help with Ebay...I have my Cabas Piano up and it's not showing up on search!!?

mrose75

O.G.
Jul 21, 2007
Kentucky
Hi..Thanks for help. Anyway, I have my LV Cabas Piano up for auction and I was taking a look to see what other have gone for since mine wasn't selling the way I had hoped it would and it didn't show up on search with all the others?? I am so confused. I can't get any bids if noone see's it. I did add some info to the decription like 3 hrs ago but other than that I am so confused. xxxxx
Maybe someone can give me some insight. Thanks!! :confused1::confused1:

mrose75

O.G.
Jul 21, 2007
Kentucky
Depends on how long ago you listed. A lot of designer bags can take up to 24 hours to appear in search results.
It's been on there since Sunday. It has like 2 days left. I did add to the description this morning but it's freaking me out that when I look up Cabas Piano's on the search it's not there.

Nov 16, 2007
OR
I just read that you edited your listing. eBay is totally random about running checks AGAIN on items. That's probably what happened.

If you enter your item number, you can still pull it up. That's the sign that eBay didn't cancel it.

miu2

Chewy Redlands CA Police K-9
O.G.
Jun 27, 2007
CA
Are you sure that you listed it in the correct category? I've accidentally listed my bags in the wrong category before and had the same concerns as you. Just be sure it is listed in this:

Listed in category: Clothing, Shoes & Accessories > Women's Accessories, Handbags > Handbags, Bags

You can check by going to your listing and hitting the edit item option......this way you can check which category it is listed in.

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
Hi..Thanks for help. Anyway, I have my LV Cabas Piano up for auction and I was taking a look to see what other have gone for since mine wasn't selling the way I had hoped it would and it didn't show up on search with all the others?? I am so confused. I can't get any bids if noone see's it. I did add some info to the decription like 3 hrs ago but other than that I am so confused. xxxxx
Maybe someone can give me some insight. Thanks!! :confused1::confused1:
First of all check it is in your ebay under ' items I'm Selling'. They do take time to appear and if you edited they take time again. It may be useful to use onger auction times. 3 or 5 day listings may not market your high value bags as much as you would like. Good luck..

mrose75

O.G.
Jul 21, 2007
Kentucky
Hi everyone and thanks for helping me. It's still not showing up. It was a 5 day auction and it has about 2 days to go. It wasn't going as well as I had liked so I added some info to the decription at about 7 am this morning. It is now 3:30 and it is stilll not coming up on a search. If I look under "selling" in My Ebay it is there, if I type in the auction number it is there, however if I look under my "all items" I am selling it is not. I am so confused and I will never revise again. :sad: :confused1:

Feb 11, 2006
If you revise the text of an auction, it must go thru a reindex process. This reindexing can take 12 hours or more to complete and your bag won't appear in search or under your items for sale until it's complete.

Other changes (like pricing adjustments, shipping terms etc) don't seem to require reindexing.

It stinks!