Please help with choosing RM jumbo vs quilted affair large

kandice53

Mar 3, 2017
Thinking about getting my first RM. Currently looking at the jumbo and quilted affair.
Have watches a few reviews on youtube, looks like jumbo has got a shorter chain/strap when you wear it as a crossbody? Because I am quite short (5 foot), would go for one with a shorter strap.
any ideas would be appreciated :smile:

allgirl562

Sep 23, 2013
Orange County, CA
Hi - I have the RM Chevron Quilted Small Love Crossbody. Im 5'1 and it fits me perfectly. I tried the jumbo and it felt uncomfortable when using as a cross body. I did not think of this at the time but if you are adamant about getting the jumbo you could try one of the guitar straps and see if that works for you when using as a cross body or you could possibly speak to the sales person and ask if you could purchase an extra strap that's a little longer. Just a couple ideas - hope this helps!

Aug 17, 2008
I have the older Affairs in regular and large size, and Love Crossbodies in regular size. I'm taller at 5'7" but none of these purses have long straps, I cannot wear any of them crossbody but I actually just wanted a shoulder bag for the regular sizes and it's a perfect chain length for that. The Large Affairs I always wear with the chain doubled as for me they are too large of a purse to wear long. If you are worried about straps being too long, you can easily cinch in the strap inside the purse for the Affair style or use the clips to make the strap shorter for the Love style (same as people do for MAC).

JuneHawk

Let's get some shoes
O.G.
May 10, 2007
Thinking about getting my first RM. Currently looking at the jumbo and quilted affair.
Have watches a few reviews on youtube, looks like jumbo has got a shorter chain/strap when you wear it as a crossbody? Because I am quite short (5 foot), would go for one with a shorter strap.
any ideas would be appreciated :smile:
By Jumbo do you mean the Love jumbo?