Please help with Advice as I feel I have bought a Fake & I am about to get scammed.

bonny_montana

Bellenbonny
May 4, 2009
Hello dear Ladies, I bid on an LV and Won, but I have a sinking feeling now and need your expertise and your help as to what to do.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190378643515&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

MY first BAG I have bought on Ebay and this happens!

I am adding the link of the aution I won and hope this is okay to do,
What has sent me RED flags, is after I won I went to look at sellers other items and then his completed listings...And he had the same item listed in exactly the same manner, with the same picture, which sold 2 weeks before mine! So I check Goof bay and he has sold 6/7 of these bags since DEC.
Also in his listing description he said it was his he had for years and it was the only one he had...blah blah blah.
Also in the description he states his payment terms which I found odd after I found out he sold 6 /7 of these LV sac excursions!

I have sent Seller 2 very polite emails, 1.Asking when he will post my item, no answer.
2. Was when I found out he had sold many, I asked him if he could kindly explain to me how he only had one bag but had sold 6. and that if it was Authentic, I looked forward to receiving it But if it wasn't...Please could he cancel and refund me my money.
Seller has Ignored me for 2 days now.
I have to wait by his listing rules ,10 days to receive item while he transfers my money from PAYPAL to his bank account!

PLEASE HELP....What are my options and what should I do?
Many thanks....Bonny

Last edited:
And no answer from the seller? I'm thinking that might be because you have found out that they sold 6 of the same....
I see in the listing now that he will give refund if deemed non authentic by boutique \, and I don't think any boutiques do authentications.
However, if it is a fake (and i'm guessing with 6 sold it is), you can file a SNAD regardless and get your money back because the auction clearly states it is authentic. Take your own pictures and send them to CarolDiva, that should be enough to win a SNAD-case.

I would call eBay, explain the situation, and ask them what to do from there. I think it would be best to get an answer from them directly :smile:. GOOD LUCK!

Thank you Pixiepeach, I did call ebay, but their answer is I have to wait for the item to come to me before I can do anything.
Also I was wondering where I could get a letter of Authentication, should I need one, as I am in the UK. many thanks

And no answer from the seller? I'm thinking that might be because you have found out that they sold 6 of the same....
I see in the listing now that he will give refund if deemed non authentic by boutique \, and I don't think any boutiques do authentications.
However, if it is a fake (and i'm guessing with 6 sold it is), you can file a SNAD regardless and get your money back because the auction clearly states it is authentic. Take your own pictures and send them to CarolDiva, that should be enough to win a SNAD-case.

Mowcam, thank you so much, Thats the question I just asked! So CarolDiva is whom to go to for an Auth. letter. Thank you all for your help.

Mowcam, thank you so much, Thats the question I just asked! So CarolDiva is whom to go to for an Auth. letter. Thank you all for your help.

I know its hard, but try to remain calm while you wait for the bag. If it *IS* a fake, you *WILL* get your money back. Nothing you can do about it until it arrives (unless you DO get a notice from the seller that he has not shipped and is willing to cancell/refund), so try to not beat yourself up too much.

We've all been there...

thank you ladies for all your help and advice,
UPDATE;
I received an email from the Seller saying that his bag was authentic and to read his refund policy as he will take bag back with an authentication from LV. He also stated he was a lawyer and that he will post item out on Thursday.
He claims this is the only bag he has and that the 7 others he sold were because he had 7 bidders who cancelled or were non payers or were in contries he did not ship to.

So I thanked him and informed him that LV do not do written Authentications but there are others who specialize in that field so If his bag is authentic I look forward to receiving it and if it is not I will file a claim against him.
So now I just have to wait and authenticate here when it comes in the post. I have my fingers crossed.

lol, I know, At one point in my reply, I thought I should say I was a High Court Judge lol but I did not...:smile:

If i had a nickel for everytime someone said that to me...well, i wouldn't actually HAVE a nickel, but i *have* been told that i will be sued and taken to court by a scammer. Honestly, a scammer will do just that - scam. Say whatever they need to say; try to win sympathy, get angry; threaten; whatever.

Fortunately, you DO have good protection as a buyer when the auction clearly stated it was an authentic bag.
Get it in writing from carol diva and there is nothing he can do but give your money nack.

Oh, and make sure you give him appropriate feedback to warn others!!1