please help, which of these MK bags should i get?

Which MK bag to get?

• Michael Kors Hamilton Large Tote in Black

• Michael Kors Hamilton Large Tote in Cement

• Michael Kors Hamilton Large Tote in Luggage

• Michael Kors Jet Set Chain Shoulder Tote in Black

• Michael Kors Jet Set Chain Shoulder Tote in Luggage

• Michael Kors Top Zip Tote

Results are only viewable after voting.

qudz104

O.G.
Apr 23, 2010
good morning ladies!
ive been in love with the MK brand forever, but its taken me some time to actually decide to purchase a bag! ive finalized with these choices:
the
MICHAEL Michael Kors Jet Set Chain Shoulder Tote in either:
-Black
-Luggage
OR
MICHAEL Michael Kors Hamilton Large Tote in either:
-Black
-Luggage
-Cement
OR
Michael Kors Top Zip Tote in Black

im kind of leaning towards the hamilton because its so gorgeous! but if i get the Jet set tote, i can get a wallet with it too. can you ladies please help me pick one? ive attached stock pics of the bags to this post. thanks in advance, and a very happy holidays to everyone!!

Attachments

• mk bag 1.JPG
    mk bag 1.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 796
  • hamilton.JPG
    hamilton.JPG
    6.6 KB · Views: 691
  • mk bag 3.JPG
    mk bag 3.JPG
    6.5 KB · Views: 889
Last edited:
My vote goes to the Michael Kors Jet Set Chain Shoulder Tote in Black. I think it is the most original looking of your options and is more unique, seen less frequently

Even though I see the Hamilton all the time, I still think it's a stunning bag. The details are gorgeous and feel like you're getting more with your money when basing it off the other two you posted. I think the Hamilton is classier and a bit dressier than the other two.

As for color, it all depends on your wardrobe. Which would you get the most use out of?

I agree, I like the Hamilton best. You can dress it up or dress it down. As for color, depends on your wardrobe, but the Luggage color is very universal and you can wear it with anything. Let us know what you decide.

I haven't voted yet because I'm really unsure on color. The only one I would delete is the tote - it doesn't have the originality or wow factor of the other 2- it's kind of blah.

I think I'd have to say Hamilton. It's one of those bags everyone should have one of. I do love the jet set too, and if you already owned a Hamilton and were looking for another bag, I would say jet set. I think the Hamilton has massive staying power and will remain popular and stylish for many years to come. It's also a bit "edgier" than the jet set.

But if you do decide on the Jet Set, you will still have made a great choice.

I would also say go with the bag you love the most, not just because you can get more stuff if you get the cheaper option. I think in the end most of us would agree that if you can afford it, it's always better to get what you truly love. You can always pick up a wallet later on, and everyone will see your bag, whereas not many people will see your wallet.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!!

I like the jet set tote in black-It can be worn 3 ways: It looks great as a cross body, you can hold it by the 2 chain handles, or use it as a shoulder bag- I think it is a very chic option, and not as common as the Hamilton...

i live in maine where the only designer you see is a few ladies carrying MFF coach bags because of the nearby outlet, so the hamilton wouldnt be too common; i may be one of the few people who have it here! i think it looks so much like an hermes, which i love but cant afford, not at this time anyway lol. however, my hubby thinks it looks very 'mature'. thoughts? (im 24)

i live in maine where the only designer you see is a few ladies carrying MFF coach bags because of the nearby outlet, so the hamilton wouldnt be too common; i may be one of the few people who have it here! i think it looks so much like an hermes, which i love but cant afford, not at this time anyway lol. however, my hubby thinks it looks very 'mature'. thoughts? (im 24)

I think you should get the Hamilton. It sounds like you are leaning that way, and it is a stunning bag. And it sounds like it will be pretty unique in your area and you won't be seeing one every time you turn around. I think overall it has a bit more of a "wow" factor than the Jet Set (although I just bought a small Jet Set myself - so I do LOVE it), but my gut feeling is the Hamilton for you for now.

As far as it looking mature - give you BF a smack up side the head. :P The Hamilton is NOT your grandmother's satchel. Michael Kors took a boring satchel and gave it some edge with the large chain links and updated lock. Show your boyfriend the thread showing the photos of all the models and actresses rocking this bag and then see what he thinks. :graucho:

Before you decide, check out the Gias on the Saks site.

http://forum.purseblog.com/michael-kors/new-gias-650809.html.

but than I already own a Hamilton...:smile:

the gia is very pretty, but it seems like a bag i would get after i get a hamilton, like you said lol

LOL crissy11!! i should try to knock some purse sense into my hubby.. hes more of a fan of small crossbodys, and while those are super cute, who are we kidding about trying to fit everything and the kitchen sink inside one of those?

so i think, at least for my first MK bag, that i should get a hamilton, decided. however, im going to order this online, and ive got no way to see it in person unfortunately, due to the fact that theres no place close by where i could see it IRL. so im going to depend on you ladies, should i go with a classic black or luggage? what is more versatile?

the gia is very pretty, but it seems like a bag i would get after i get a hamilton, like you said lol

LOL crissy11!! i should try to knock some purse sense into my hubby.. hes more of a fan of small crossbodys, and while those are super cute, who are we kidding about trying to fit everything and the kitchen sink inside one of those?

so i think, at least for my first MK bag, that i should get a hamilton, decided. however, im going to order this online, and ive got no way to see it in person unfortunately, due to the fact that theres no place close by where i could see it IRL. so im going to depend on you ladies, should i go with a classic black or luggage? what is more versatile?

Don't listen to me, seriously, because I just do not like the luggage color, but that's my personal preference and should have no bearing on your decision!! You must get what you love.

Having said that, I really do love the Hamilton in black because I find it has a bit of a "rocker/biker chic" to it. I do feel (again, just my feelings!) that the luggage color in the Hamilton gives it a bit more of an older look, I find the black with the thick chain has an edgier look, and I think if you (or your BF!!) have concerns about it looking more "mature" that the luggage may look more mature than the black.

See what the other ladies have to say, mine is just one very unimportant opinion. What is your gut telling you?

chrissy, i really value your opinion! :flowers: i was leaning towards the black, i feel like you cant go wrong with black! and while i think luggage looks nice in the posted mod pics from the forum, im not sure i can make it work as nicely as the other posters have :smile:. i heard the bag is kind of heavy even without anything in it.. is this true? is it manageable enough though? thanks so much again!

chrissy, i really value your opinion! :flowers: i was leaning towards the black, i feel like you cant go wrong with black! and while i think luggage looks nice in the posted mod pics from the forum, im not sure i can make it work as nicely as the other posters have :smile:. i heard the bag is kind of heavy even without anything in it.. is this true? is it manageable enough though? thanks so much again!

Well I only have the medium size, and that isn't particularly heavy, but the leather is thick so I imagine the large would have a bit more weight to it. I think as well that the large one, if filled up with heavy items (water bottles, books, etc) would have a tendency to slouch moreso than the medium. I only mention this so that you won't be dissapointed IF this happens. There is another thread on here that someone posted about excessive slouching - I think that one is probably the exception rather than the rule, but the large will have more slouch and less structure than the medium. Not that this is a bad thing, just for information purposes.

Just want to make sure you know everything before you make the plunge. :biggrin: