Please help ! Which goldtone looks best ?

Blueboxes

Jan 21, 2013
I am sooo undecided as to which color looks best on my complexion. I would like to put a deposit on a bangle, but am so undecided as to what would work best . Lately , I have been obsessed with RG, but I am scared I won't feel the same in 10 years. It's a very expensive piece , so need to get this right.
Please help me decide x

Attachments

• image-3741794941.jpg
    image-3741794941.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 497
IMHO, rg doesn't compliment fair skin with pink undertones (that's what I have as well) as wg and yg-I wish it did cuz I love rg! I vote for wg or yg against your skin tone.

Last edited:
IMHO, rg doesn't compliment fair skin with pink undertones (that's what I have as well) as wg and yg-I wish it did cuz I love rg! I vote for wg or yg against your skin tone.

In the picture my skin does look more pink then in reality, lol. My veins look more green then blue, if that makes sense ?

I am sooo undecided as to which color looks best on my complexion. I would like to put a deposit on a bangle, but am so undecided as to what would work best . Lately , I have been obsessed with RG, but I am scared I won't feel the same in 10 years. It's a very expensive piece , so need to get this right.
Please help me decide x
I think all three look lovely on your skin. I would go with whichever calls out to you and makes you happy to look at. Sounds like you have been enjoying RG and it looks lovely on you. I think over time, both RG and WG warms up (changes slightly closer to yellow gold)- at least that is what my SA at NM tells me. I personally prefer YG for me and I think YG stays truer to its color if it is high karat weight gold.

Your skin doesn't look bad or veiny!!! Lol- we are our own worst critics do don't think that! Most skin tones have undertones. It looks from the picture yours is pink undertone (just as many others here on TPF that have pg jewelry). If that one is your fav then get that one. I was just giving my opinion as asked. None of them looks bad by any means :peace:

I do like the more "gentle" RG of Cartier and T Co, not the very coppery RG. I am almost certain it won't be WG, It looks grey on me ? I do love diamonds set in platinum, but that only with very little metal. Decisions ...

Your skin doesn't look bad or veiny!!! Lol- we are our own worst critics do don't think that! Most skin tones have undertones. It looks from the picture yours is pink undertone (just as many others here on TPF that have pg jewelry). If that one is your fav then get that one. I was just giving my opinion as asked. None of them looks bad by any means :peace:

Haha, it's all good :smile: I'm past 40 with 5 children , lol. I have changed so many nappies, it's a miracle I still have hand! :P
I love to hear everybodies opinion , as different people see things differently and we can "talk" ourselves into things and become less objective when it comes to ourselves . They say people with yellow undertones have greenish veins , while pink undertones look more blueish.

I guess mine do look more blue for the most part-learned something new tonight-love it! I asked my DH for a Tiffany mini cross pendant/necklace for Christmas and he came through. Unfortunately, I had him take it back because it was very coppery pink. Needless to say, I felt it looked awful against my skin. I really wanted it too but if I'm not going to love it, I won't allow myself to keep it. I hope to get one in YG or platinum one day and layer it with other necklaces for the most part. It seems as if Cartier and most VCA pieces are a lighter shade of pg. I hope you do a reveal when you decide:smile:

I guess mine do look more blue for the most part-learned something new tonight-love it! I asked my DH for a Tiffany mini cross pendant/necklace for Christmas and he came through. Unfortunately, I had him take it back because it was very coppery pink. Needless to say, I felt it looked awful against my skin. I really wanted it too but if I'm not going to love it, I won't allow myself to keep it. I hope to get one in YG or platinum one day and layer it with other necklaces for the most part. It seems as if Cartier and most VCA pieces are a lighter shade of pg. I hope you do a reveal when you decide:smile:

It's interesting that you say that you found the TCo Rosegold more coppery then the VCA. My friends VCA bracelet is quite more coppery then her Cartier Love or DBTY RG bracelet ? Maybe different batches are different ?
Rosegold looks different in different lightning too. I love it's antique look, I think.