Please help welcome my very First!

miffy

O.G.
Mar 18, 2006
I can't believe I finally have my first B bag! I have been admiring them since 2005 but never got one. I always felt they were the cool edgy girl's bag, both of which I am not! :biggrin: But this pretty baby showed up on turnabout shoppe's website at a very reasonable price and after having it authenticated here (thanks tpf authenticators! :flowers:) I couldn't resist. So here she is:

IMG_2772.jpg

I believe it is a 2005 Sky Blue, right? IRL the color looks a bit darker and almost has a slight turquoise hue but in pictures it looks more baby blue. Here's the tag:

IMG_2774.jpg

The bag is in very good gently used condition IMO. The handles are more worn as expected I guess. Is it normal for the leather in the handle to get crackly like this:

IMG_2773.jpg

I've also been reading the repair/restoration threads and the Apple Guard conditioner seems to be highly recommended. Should I try this as I think the leather might be a bit dried out and could be softer, or should I just leave it alone since it's such a light colored bag?

What a beauty, Miffy, congrats! I adore the First style and it was my first Bal too - a great way to start on the slippery slope IMO.

Personally, I don't treat my Bals with anything other than love, but I'm sure the experts will have more useful suggestions... ;)

congratulations - I love the First too!
the sealant often goes on the handles like that - don't worry too much, or you can fill in with acrylic paint or such if it bothers you.
I usually just use LMB's For Handles Only to prevent handles darkening but if you feel it is a bit dry there are some good tips in the maintenance thread on what to use.
Just enjoy her - she's beautiful!

I use Apple guard rain repellent,and conditioner. I have also used the cleaner but it is harsh and should be used in emergencies( i had a weird sticky thing on my bag and it cleaned it right off!!)Also blues are known to fade, so keep this baby away from direct sunlight! good luck!