Please help! Water mark + permanent marker on Camel Leigh!

Bibibabubi

Dreaming of RM bags
O.G.
Aug 8, 2008
**** Warning, Long Post! ****

Sigh I am currently having a bad run with eBay sellers. First I got this beautiful chocolate Signature Stripe tote and it has a little dent on one of the front straps. The seller was totally defensive and un-cooperative.

And now, my Camel Leigh just came in. The seller said that it only has 2 very small watermarks in front but when I see it, the water marks are noticeable and about the size of my little finger nail. To add insult to injury, one of the watermarks looks scuffed and have a faded red marker on it!!!!

I love the Camel Leigh and for me to ship it back to the seller for a refund would have cost me a bomb since I live in Singapore and she in USA. I was just thinking whether I can salvage the bag without going for a full refund and taking a big hit in shipping costs.

I have used Apple Leather Cleaner on it and while it has been effective in removing most of the red mark, it did leave a dark spot on the bag. It has been some hours now, and the spot has lightened somewhat, but it's still obvious.

So my questions for any kind soul who can help!

1. Should I leave the dark spot be and hope that it'll dry up?

2. How long will it take to dry? Or is the dark spot permanent?!

3. I want to apply the Apple Conditioner... will this darken the leather? I don't mind it if it helps to blend in the dark spot! Should I wait for the spot to dry then apple it or do it now?

Thanks a bunch!

I would Apple the whole bag to even it out. I think after it dries the color will not be much darker (if at all) but it is better to be safe than sorry. At least either way it will be even. After it dries for at least an hour maybe try it again to see if the marker gets any lighter. The Apple should help with evening out the water spots. :yes:

I don't know if I am much help, but I used my Apple on my camel shoulder bag for the first time last night. I didn't notice much of a color change. If there was one, it was very slight.

There was slight color transfer on it from a shirt I wore yesterday (red), but after using the Apple conditioner, it came out.

Here are the photos as requested:

2902695763_36ab0ea0b2.jpg

The larger mark on the left is because I have used Apple Leather Cleaner to clean off the red mark. As you can see below, while this mark is drying (I hope!), the red is barely visible now:

2902698779_16ffc5cece.jpg

And here is the close up shot of the other smaller mark that has no red marker on it. I have left it alone and have not condition nor clean it with Apple:

2903542608_4bed83e898.jpg

Noshoepolish, yes you are right, that is the auction. Usually what I do is ask for whether there is any stains, tears or defects that I should know of. The seller just stated that only those 2 watermarks. And yes, sigh, I am stupid! I learnt my lesson and will ask for photos next time. :sad:(

Well I have appled her and here are the photos:

Without flash:

2909676737_9735aa5b4e.jpg

With flash:

2910519146_d838752f1c.jpg

Actually the Apple leather conditioner really help heaps and my Camel Leigh has turned into a beautiful smooth scrumptious bag... but sigh, the large spot is somewhat noticeable:

2909670009_c2f4b8a1f8.jpg

2910521492_f695e300fc.jpg

Do you think I should just ask for a full refund? She did offer to refund me $30 without me sending the bag back.

Would more coats of Apple help with this? Will suntanning this bag help it to turn to a darker brown just like the LV leather on the monogram series?

Sorry for the heaps of questions and thanks in advance!

Last edited:
i don't think it's that noticable...it may be more noticable to u because u know it's there...i mean u got a pretty good price on the leigh and if she's going to refund u more money for the spots then i would keep it...but then again, if it's really really really gonna bug u then u should send it back

i also believe that over time this bag will patina and if u apple her a few more times that stain will eventually blend in

i don't think it's that noticable...it may be more noticable to u because u know it's there...i mean u got a pretty good price on the leigh and if she's going to refund u more money for the spots then i would keep it...but then again, if it's really really really gonna bug u then u should send it back

i also believe that over time this bag will patina and if u apple her a few more times that stain will eventually blend in

Thanks for your feedback. :smile:

What you said about the spot is exactly the same as what my hubby and sis say as well. Because I know it's there and I keep looking at it.