Please help! Someone sold me a fake bag, agreed to a refund and wont pay me back

primah

O.G.
Mar 6, 2010
Please can someone help me on this? I bought a bag on ebay which turned out to be fake, it didnt have a leather strip or hologram tag on it so i asked the seller for a refund. They said fine so I sent the item bag and now they are claiming that they send me an authentic bag back and accusing me of sending them a fake back! i sent the item back with proof or delivery and also took photos of the bag that i sent back. i had a feeling they would try to pull a scam like this :sad:
any advise would be much appreciated

It's good that you took pics... do your pics match what was shown in the auction? A SNAD is important as well... hopefully you filed one, if not, then do now.... and did you send it back with tracking/delivery confirmation?

File your SNAD case now with ebay. Hope you sent it back with delivery confirmation so you can prove you sent it back? However if it's a fake, they may not even require that. Please keep us posted and good luck. In fact you need to CALL ebay and ask them how to proceed.

thanks guys i really appreciate your help. I filed a SNAD case with ebay and explained that i sent it back as the seller agreed to give me a refund. I took pictures which totally matches the original listing. i also got delivery confirmation from ups. do I just sit back and wait now, is there anything else i should do? I also paid with paypal and credit card but have not opened up cases with them yet. thanks again i really appreciate your help!

I think delivery confirmation but will double check with UPS. The seller already confirmed that they received the bag back though, but claiming that I sent them a fake bag back, when it was the exact item they sold me.

File your SNAD case now with ebay. Hope you sent it back with delivery confirmation so you can prove you sent it back? However if it's a fake, they may not even require that. Please keep us posted and good luck. In fact you need to CALL ebay and ask them how to proceed.
In fact you need to CALL ebay and ask them how to proceed.

I think delivery confirmation but will double check with UPS. The seller already confirmed that they received the bag back though, but claiming that I sent them a fake bag back, when it was the exact item they sold me.

If it was over 250 you need a sig confirmation. However if the seller admits it is back then you will probably be ok. Taking pictures will probably save you. I knew this scenerio was possible, but have never heard of it happening. I am so sorry. Just call ebay and your credit card company.

thanks guys! the open case with ebay says that the seller contacted them and they will decide on an outcome in 48 hours. Should i call them and let them know that I have pictures that they can compare with the original listing? or just wait?

this is the information i initially gave them:

i bought this fendi item from the seller who claimed it was authentic, when received it did not have a serial number tag and hologram tag, which ALL authentic fendi bags have since 2003. I contacted the seller who agreed to give me a refund. As per their instructions, I sent the item back with delivery confirmation in exact original condition and packaging material and am now being scammed by the seller who is claiming that I sent a different item back to them, and they are refusing to give me a refund. Please can you help.

I posted the full story on a seperate thread to warn about the ebay user.
http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/is-there-a-list-of-fraudelent-ebay-scammers-571833.html

This has been such a nightmare i feel sick to my stomach! i hope no one else ever have to deal with this seller

hey guys, ebay just sided with me and gave me a full refund back! im so glad scammers cant get away with things like this! thanks so much for your help and advice, it's so invaluable and much much appreciated! thank you thank you! :yahoo: