PLEASE HELP! Sold Authentic Gucci Britt Tote on ebay and buyer thinks its fake

Maybe gucci is like louis vuitton and can reprint the reciept for you, i just had to go in the store and show my id and they gave me a copy of the transaction....

Never ever send the original which i guess you know now. Im really hoping you just have a pita buyer and not a scammer.

Make sure when you receive the bag back that it was sent with delivery confirmation if it wasnt your buyer could be SOL with paypal, it could be a big break for you

No unfortunately I sent the original receipt (will know for next time though). I have videotaped myself packing the bag as I had a bad feeling about this buyer all along so hoping she doesn't do a swap on me. I will just have to wait to receive my bag/wallet back.

do hope that you have asked the buyer for your original receipt back....

and hopefully she sends it....

that's horrible! no wonder sellers have such a hard time on ebay :T i hope everything works out for you! as a majority of the time buyer from ebay, 1 negative comment wouldn't phase me if the rest of your comments are good. a huge plus is if they even reference it in the listing and explain what happened, but that's just me. does tpf have a beware of named buyers thread? i know they have some lists of sellers known to sell fakes..

It is pure buyer's remorse,imo.
She only wanted the wallet. Point. Blank. Period.
Happy Holidays!:smile:

Thanks again everyone!
Just wanted to let you know that i received my bag/wallet back yesterday. She has however not sent everything back. All the stuffing that was in the bag is missing (this is the original stuffing that Gucci gave me when I bought the bag), did not return the Gucci care card and controllato card that came with the wallet and I had even kept the cardboard credit card slots that went into the wallet. She ended up cutting her own cardboard and putting them in the credit card slots?!? Bet she used the wallet and changed her mind on the bag. I have asked for the extra bits, will wait to see how she responds...

Thanks again everyone!
Just wanted to let you know that i received my bag/wallet back yesterday. She has however not sent everything back. All the stuffing that was in the bag is missing (this is the original stuffing that Gucci gave me when I bought the bag), did not return the Gucci care card and controllato card that came with the wallet and I had even kept the cardboard credit card slots that went into the wallet. She ended up cutting her own cardboard and putting them in the credit card slots?!? Bet she used the wallet and changed her mind on the bag. I have asked for the extra bits, will wait to see how she responds...
I am so happy to hear that you got your original items back!

Thanks again everyone!

would let this buyer know that you will not be able to refund her until
all the original material that was sent with the bag & wallet comes back to you..

why did she keep Gucci care card & controllo card & cardboard wallet slots
and stuffing too???

certainly hope she doesn't do something (like bait & switch) to another
seller that may have the same item as yours

this person is some piece of work.....

hotshot said:
all the original material that was sent with the bag & wallet comes back to you..

and stuffing too???

I totally agree! You should not refund her until you get everything back that came with the purse/wallet and that means everything! you wouldn't be able to return a handbag to retail without all of it's components intact, why should this be any different?

and stuffing too???

apparently she unpacked the bag/wallet at work and left the stuff there and then posted it on a Saturday from home?!?

^ would let your buyer know that you are making a deduction for the missing items..

the bag was not returned to you in its original condition....the Gucci control card, wallat slots

and care card are important to have when you re-sell....and I would be very firm on that..

beta1975 said:
Thanks again everyone!

The fact that she cut her own cardboard for the cc slots makes me think she's up to something. I would not refund her until she sends EVERYTHING the came with the wallet and bag back. JMO.

The fact that she cut her own cardboard for the cc slots makes me think she's up to something. I would not refund her until she sends EVERYTHING the came with the wallet and bag back. JMO.

Same! I would not be refunding anything until I got every last piece that was sent out with the bag and wallet back.

Same! I would not be refunding anything until I got every last piece that was sent out with the bag and wallet back.

yes I just e-mailed her to tell her that I will not be refunding her until I receive all the bits back. I also contacted ebay (to make sure that I was not violating any policy) and they confirmed that that is ok.

Forgot to tell you also that she packed a black reusable bag in the box which was full of cat hair. I tell her this and she tells me that I am looking for trouble?!?

Bet Gucci would be really impressed if you returned their goods in a bag full of pet hair!

Definitely don't refund anything until you get everything back. No partial refunds either. If you try to only do a partial refund (i.e. no return shipping), you might get burned on the buyer protection claim and ebay will make you refund everything plus the original shipping if they open a SNAD case. Had this happen to me a few times this past year. If you're lucky, ebay will not find you at fault and reimburse them and not take it out of your account.

I'm grateful for the uptick in traffic on my ebay listings since the buyer protection was put in place, but it really burns me how much buyers are abusing the buyer protection. It seems I get much more return claims than ever in the 12+ years I've been on ebay. I seem to get one out of 100 listings that really wants to abuse the system. I'm lucky that most of my listings are low value so I think I'm resolving this year not to stress over the buyer protection claims but I'm also going to push any buyer refund not my fault through the process. I've been burned on giving partial refunds just to have the buyer open up buyer protection claims anyways for SNAD on buyers remorse and eBay gives it to them! Its frustrating, but I am resolving to play along this year but with making buyers jump through an equal amount of hoops like opening up buyer protection claims for all things not my fault and to include tracking numbers on items.

I'd also recommend having the buyers write their ebay names and the item number on the box so you know what it is without opening the box. You might get lucky and they are being cheap on the return and they don't get a tracking number on it. A lot of my returns have come back with no tracking numbers on them. A lot of my returns haven't had tracking numbers, but me being the honorable person took the returns even when the buyers where giving me a boatload of grief. If they don't have a tracking number on it and are being particular nasty/PITA/pushy buyer (if you sell long enough you will run into these types you will NEVER make happy!), I'd highly recommend you just write "refused: return to sender", drop it back in the mail to them for them not doing the return correctly and not acknowledging that you ever saw it. They'll loose their buyer protection case for not doing the return properly and in a timely manner. Not the most customer friendly thing to do, but I'd recommend not giving an inch on these returns that we know are "buyer remorse or retail renting" especially since we all know ebay is just going to cave especially on those few buyers who just don't deserve the extra effort. Also, If you're like me and give out positives on transactions after you've been paid, I'd recommend following up on your positive feedback with: "Problem Buyer:SNAD" or "Problem Buyer: Sent new returned used". Be careful about making any comments about "claim, case, etc." so your feedback sticks. I know us sellers can't leave any negatives, but it might help other sellers and help ebay get the hint to kick them off ebay.