Please help! Small Gabrielle hobo or grey chevron classic!

Can you post pics of you with Gabrielle on? I’ve seen all these model/fantasy pic of gab which look nice but it kind of look underwhelming when I tried it on. So unless your wardrobe is similar/dress like the models, the gab looks completely different on mums.
Personally I will pick the chevron because I know it’s the bag that will glam up any outfit.

Can you post pics of you with Gabrielle on? I’ve seen all these model/fantasy pic of gab which look nice but it kind of look underwhelming when I tried it on. So unless your wardrobe is similar/dress like the models, the gab looks completely different on mums.
Personally I will pick the chevron because I know it’s the bag that will glam up any outfit.
Hi! I completely forgot to take pictures when I tried it on today. I’m not so sure on the Gabrielle anymore after seeing some that looked pretty distressed and I should wait to see if it’ll be a classic or just a trendy bag. Leaning more toward chevron now.

Hi! I completely forgot to take pictures when I tried it on today. I’m not so sure on the Gabrielle anymore after seeing some that looked pretty distressed and I should wait to see if it’ll be a classic or just a trendy bag. Leaning more toward chevron now.

Yes that’s another thing I want to mention, the gab bag doesn’t age well, sometimes it can form a visible crease line across the bag, perhaps due to the slouchiness? It doesn’t bother some but would bother me

It is true that Gabrielle is meant to soften up with time and use and become more slouchy and creased. I actually prefer the creased slouchy look as I like the distressed, worn in things overall, but I can see some people not liking it.

I also know what it’s like to miss out on a color. I really liked the 15C or 16C (don’t remember) pearly caviar collection. I got the pearly charcoal and also loved the pearly white. It was so stunning. But I was thinking too long and once came back to the boutique to buy it was sold. To this day I kind of regret not getting it right away. I still check preloved market for it, but no luck. The pearly charcoal M/L from that collection is up to this day my most favorite bag and the one I would keep if I could only have one Chanel.

I wouldn’t worry too much about missing the color - a lot of the colours do come back after a few years in a very small variation or other flap sizes and seasons. I don’t like the med large size chanel that much as it doesn’t carry much - and find the capacity is similar if not almost the same as the mini. For that kind of capacity you already have many minis and the Gabrielle will work better both cross body and on shoulder. Plus I find that it carries slightly more than the mini . Or you could hold out for a gray Gabrielle...[emoji6]. If your style is more casual with four kids I definitely think the Gabi would be put to more use. Finally if you get the flap I’m sure you will be lusting for it after - I don’t think it will be a trend bag. I have it in both small and medium and have not touched my flaps since getting the Gabi. Anyhow good luck !!

It is true that Gabrielle is meant to soften up with time and use and become more slouchy and creased. I actually prefer the creased slouchy look as I like the distressed, worn in things overall, but I can see some people not liking it.

I also know what it’s like to miss out on a color. I really liked the 15C or 16C (don’t remember) pearly caviar collection. I got the pearly charcoal and also loved the pearly white. It was so stunning. But I was thinking too long and once came back to the boutique to buy it was sold. To this day I kind of regret not getting it right away. I still check preloved market for it, but no luck. The pearly charcoal M/L from that collection is up to this day my most favorite bag and the one I would keep if I could only have one Chanel.
Hi Olgita, their are pros and cons of the Gabrielle that I have to seriously consider. The distressed leather over time and the chances of the base getting scratched up will bother me I think but it’s such a casual and versatile bag that maybe I can overlook it. The longer I wait the prices keep on increasing. It’s crazy to think when it first came out it was around $3200 and now it’s $3900. Yikes! On the other hand, I don’t want to miss out on the grey color. The pearly caviar collection sounds gorgeous. Too bad I wasn’t into Chanel back then.

I wouldn’t worry too much about missing the color - a lot of the colours do come back after a few years in a very small variation or other flap sizes and seasons. I don’t like the med large size chanel that much as it doesn’t carry much - and find the capacity is similar if not almost the same as the mini. For that kind of capacity you already have many minis and the Gabrielle will work better both cross body and on shoulder. Plus I find that it carries slightly more than the mini . Or you could hold out for a gray Gabrielle...[emoji6]. If your style is more casual with four kids I definitely think the Gabi would be put to more use. Finally if you get the flap I’m sure you will be lusting for it after - I don’t think it will be a trend bag. I have it in both small and medium and have not touched my flaps since getting the Gabi. Anyhow good luck !!
Thank you for your input Audrey! So happy to hear you have no regrets about your Gabrielle. You make a very good point. I feel the same way about the m/l bags and I don’t carry it very much because it seems too dressy for my casual lifestyle and I can’t crossbody it. I reach for my mini rectangular’s much more. The Gabrielle can fit a little more than the minis so that’s a big plus. The grey color is gorgeous but I’m afraid it’ll just sit pretty on my shelf. Can I ask how long you’ve had your Gabrielle bag? How’s the wear and tear on it? TIA

I was in the exact same boat!! Ended up finding a square mini in this gorgeous “gray” (looks more like taupe to me!) and found a gabby preloved so I was able to afford both!! Also sold some bags i don’t carry anymore to offset those two! I’d get the gray flap bc this color is just so stunning and find a preloved gabby from a reputable resale site or consignment site down the road! At current prices I would not pay $4500 + tax for the medium and $3900 + tax for the small. I tried them on last year and already thought the price point was high and wasn’t sure they’d have staying power. Cannot believe there have been two price hikes already, I hate the increase but it also means chanel wants the Gabrielle hobo to make it to classic status like the flaps so I guess that’s a good thing!

I was in the exact same boat!! Ended up finding a square mini in this gorgeous “gray” (looks more like taupe to me!) and found a gabby preloved so I was able to afford both!! Also sold some bags i don’t carry anymore to offset those two! I’d get the gray flap bc this color is just so stunning and find a preloved gabby from a reputable resale site or consignment site down the road! At current prices I would not pay $4500 + tax for the medium and $3900 + tax for the small. I tried them on last year and already thought the price point was high and wasn’t sure they’d have staying power. Cannot believe there have been two price hikes already, I hate the increase but it also means chanel wants the Gabrielle hobo to make it to classic status like the flaps so I guess that’s a good thing!
Yay! You scored big time on these two beauties! My first choice for the gray would be a mini but those are so hard to find so I figured the med would be easier to get. The medium would probably just sit on my shelf since I don’t reach for that size often so I’m ruling it out at this time. As for the Gabrielle, I’m afraid I won’t like it down the road since it’s pretty new and not sure how long it’ll be around and I don’t want to lose money selling it. I’ll just wait to see how it does in a few years first. Right now, I’m eyeing more on the medium turquoise vanity case since I had a chance to try it on and it’s absolutely stunning. I’m just afraid of the metallic coating on the grained lambskin. So my choices would be either the all black or the turquoise vanity. I have until Monday to decide so hopefully I’ll finally make my choice. Congrats on scoring the gray mini and the Gabrielle Ceedoan!

Reactions: ceedoan
After reading through, your decision now is between the black small Gabi and the metallic turquoise vanity? A couple of thoughts....I own two Gabis in the medium size, and they are super usable and practical, while also being really fun and a bit mod. The calfskin one definitely has less structure and looks distressed (I personally like this), and the goatskin Gabi is a bit stiffer and more rigid. I feel like the Gabi is a bag that can go from "momming" to date night with no problem at all. I also have the medium Vanity you like, and it's a super amazing color and fun, but it's not very practical. You can't get into it with one hand, and the rigidity/color require a little more thought when carrying it. The Vanity is a beautiful bag, but not as practical as the Gabi. Have you considered getting the metallic Vanity now, and then picking up a small Gabi pre-loved? I've seen quite a lot of them pass through places like Fashionphile, and for decent prices as well. I don't think an all black Gabi would be hard to get your hands on, pre-loved. If you don't mind waiting until you find the Gabi, that's what I would do. Of course, that would be 2 last bags. ;)

After reading through, your decision now is between the black small Gabi and the metallic turquoise vanity? A couple of thoughts....I own two Gabis in the medium size, and they are super usable and practical, while also being really fun and a bit mod. The calfskin one definitely has less structure and looks distressed (I personally like this), and the goatskin Gabi is a bit stiffer and more rigid. I feel like the Gabi is a bag that can go from "momming" to date night with no problem at all. I also have the medium Vanity you like, and it's a super amazing color and fun, but it's not very practical. You can't get into it with one hand, and the rigidity/color require a little more thought when carrying it. The Vanity is a beautiful bag, but not as practical as the Gabi. Have you considered getting the metallic Vanity now, and then picking up a small Gabi pre-loved? I've seen quite a lot of them pass through places like Fashionphile, and for decent prices as well. I don't think an all black Gabi would be hard to get your hands on, pre-loved. If you don't mind waiting until you find the Gabi, that's what I would do. Of course, that would be 2 last bags. ;)

Between the Gabby and the vanity case, my personal preference would be the Gabby. I may be wrong, but I think Gabby has more chances at staying than the vanity case. Chanel has already released a standard version, the iridescent reinbow hardware version, and the cheveron version. The only one remaining is the all black hardware version, which I think will be released soon. I actually think that, at lease for now, small black Gabby is not very easy to find pre-loved. I was not really looking very hard, but within the past two or three months I have not seen a single black small Gabby on Fashionphile, which leads me to believe that they are eather sold very quickly or are not sold pre-loved in large quantities, making them pretty hot item on the pre-loved market.

I agree with Stylistbydesign that vanity case-like design bags are not very user friendly. I do not favor the Chanel version, but I have the small Valentino version with two zippers, and the square shape makes it very impractical to open and close. For that reason I do not really reach for it often.

Hi! That’s a great idea! The Gabrielle will be easier to get my hands on later if I decide to get it. Even better if I can score it pre-loved. I’m definitely leaning towards the medium turquoise vanity case now. I’m just afraid of the iridescent grained lambskin and how durable it’ll be. My SA says they can’t repair the leather on that. I want a bag that I can use worry free and not have to baby it. I wonder if I should just get the medium all black vanity case instead as I’ve always wanted to add one to my collection. Do u think the turquoise vanity would be too high maintenance?

Between the Gabby and the vanity case, my personal preference would be the Gabby. I may be wrong, but I think Gabby has more chances at staying than the vanity case. Chanel has already released a standard version, the iridescent reinbow hardware version, and the cheveron version. The only one remaining is the all black hardware version, which I think will be released soon. I actually think that, at lease for now, small black Gabby is not very easy to find pre-loved. I was not really looking very hard, but within the past two or three months I have not seen a single black small Gabby on Fashionphile, which leads me to believe that they are eather sold very quickly or are not sold pre-loved in large quantities, making them pretty hot item on the pre-loved market.

I agree with Stylistbydesign that vanity case-like design bags are not very user friendly. I do not favor the Chanel version, but I have the small Valentino version with two zippers, and the square shape makes it very impractical to open and close. For that reason I do not really reach for it often.
I was browsing some pre-owned sites and you’re right. I see a lot of the medium Gabrielle hobos but not a single small all black one. Maybe the small size is more popular? I agree the Vanity case is not very user friendly but I don’t plan on closing the zippers the whole way so I can have easier access inside. I also don’t see many of the medium vanity cases on the pre-loved market. I’m thinking of going for the vanity case more just because it’s more expensive than the Gabrielle and I’m afraid of another price increase. If only I had a money tree right now.