Please help...should I get the Tivoli PM or Mono Speedy 30?

Which bag should you choose?

• Mono Tivoli PM

• Mono Speedy 30

Results are only viewable after voting.
I, also am on the fence between the same bags!

Here's some thoughts:

tivoli pm opens wider (see your stuff better!)

tivoli pm has larger handles (slips over the arms of bulky coats better- though not as a shoulder bag)

the gold hangy thing on the zipper of the tivoli pm is to die for

speedy 30 holds much more than tivoli pm

speedy 30 is more casual, tivoli pm much more elegant and ladylike

Does your wardrobe need an injection of ladylike elegance (go for tivoli) or does it need a bit of casual elegance (go for speedy)

which bag makes your heart sing?

which bag do you yearn for?

there are no 'shoulds' and if you're like 99.99% of tpfers, this is not about need. this is all about what brings you joy.

what does each bag say to you? what will each bag say about you?

if all the above fails to inspire a firm decision, just get both.:lol:

Here's some thoughts:

tivoli pm has larger handles (slips over the arms of bulky coats better- though not as a shoulder bag)

Does your wardrobe need an injection of ladylike elegance (go for tivoli) or does it need a bit of casual elegance (go for speedy)

there are no 'shoulds' and if you're like 99.99% of tpfers, this is not about need. this is all about what brings you joy.

Thanks so much for your suggestion.
Honestly, I like the Tivoli PM better because of all the things you'd mentioned: open wider, longer handles, lovely gold pull charm, and no Sag to worry. I don't need a bag that holds a lot (but need to hold more than the Mono Eva) since this is the bag I will use just for dinners and weekends w/family.
However, I am still hestitate BECAUSE Mono Speedy 30 is so CLASSIC and I like to own the most Classic LV bag like everyone else!!!

Here's some thoughts:

May I ask which bag you ended up getting or will be getting?

I say Tivoli.. I loove this bag, I love the way it opens up. I'm a big bag person most of the time but I do have the tivoli pm and I think it can hold a lot. Speedy is nice too but Tivoli is much less common and so beautiful..

Boy, this is a hard one. I have a Tivoli PM and a Speedy 35. But I must confess, shortly after getting my Tivoli, I wanted a Speedy. The Tivoli is a little dressier than the Speedy. But, I love them both. So I think that it depends on whether you are very casual person (get the Speedy) or if you tend to dress up more (get the Tivoli). Have I confused you more????:lol::lol::lol:

Boy, this is a hard one. I have a Tivoli PM and a Speedy 35. But I must confess, shortly after getting my Tivoli, I wanted a Speedy. The Tivoli is a little dressier than the Speedy. But, I love them both. So I think that it depends on whether you are very casual person (get the Speedy) or if you tend to dress up more (get the Tivoli). Have I confused you more????:lol::lol::lol:

Yes, I am MORE confused after reading post even more than before :confused1:
Seriously, I don't think I NEED 2 hand-held bag in Monogram since I have a Mono BH that I use as daily work bag.

Is your Speedy 35 in Monogram as well?

Yes, I am MORE confused after reading post even more than before :confused1:
Seriously, I don't think I NEED 2 hand-held bag in Monogram since I have a Mono BH that I use as daily work bag.

Is your Speedy 35 in Monogram as well?

Yes, my Speedy 35 is a Monogram. However, I also thought that 2 hand-helds may be a little redundant, but they will both be used depending on the occasion and depending on my mood. For example, I went to the hair salon yesterday and I carried my Speedy. But next month, I have a business meeting and I will most likely carry my Tivoli because I will be a little dressed up. Now I am a stay-at-home mom, so I don't need to take into consideration carrying the bag to work. But either one would work well for the office, but the Speedy would work especially well if you carry a lot of things to work.

To be honest with you, the Speedy was not on my radar until I became a TPF'r! The forum educated me about the classic nature of the Speedy. What motivated me to buy the Tivoli was because of it's style. It was love at first site! I also liked it because it was not a common bag. Over the last year, I have seen two people carrying the PM style and two people carrying the GM style.

The size of the Tivoli can accomodate the basic things that I carry: keys, hard sunglass case, makeup bag, phone and a wallet. On Sundays, I can fit a small Bible in it along with the other things that I previously mentioned. Although it is not meant to be a shoulder bag, it can fit on the shoulder if your shoulder/arm is small. Thanks to having two kids, my arm isn't as small as it used to be!

Here is are some modeling pix from another poster.
http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/picked-up-new-bag-today-no-its-not-555554.html

So do you want a cute, sexy bag that you don't see many people with? Do you want a bag that can be dressed up or down? Get the Tivoli.

Or do you want a bag that is classic and chic? Do you want a bag that is more casual and very popular, especially among LV enthusiasts like ourselves on the forum? Get the Speedy.

I hope that this helps you to narrow it down! If you have any other questions for me I would be more than happy to answer them! Trust me, I studied the Tivoli PM for about 6 months (off and on) before I purchased it!

My vote for Tivoli PM. My opinion on Mono Speedy 30, you might regret getting it as it's really common.....no offence meant. If you love the Speedy, get other models such as Damier, Azure, Multicolore, Mini Lin or Epi.