Please help. Seller willing to give discount for SNAD item, but...

Carolina59

Jan 3, 2008
says I need to give her positive feedback so Paypal will release the funds to her, and then she'll write a personal check to me. This was an accessory, not a high ticket item--but over $100--and the discount is $10.

I've never sold on ebay, so my questions are:

1) Does Paypal really not release funds to seller until seller gets pos. fb?

2) Why would I give pos. fb before the whole transaction is complete, inc. the discount?

3) Isn't there a way for seller to return the $10 to my Paypal account?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. TIA:flowers:

NO. Have her process the refund through Paypal and it will simply pay you out of the money it is already holding from her. In any case, NEVER accept a refund in the form of a check.

DO NOT LEAVE A POSITIVE OR CLOSE THE CLAIM.

NO. Have her process the refund through Paypal and it will simply pay you out of the money it is already holding from her. In any case, NEVER accept a refund in the form of a check.

DO NOT LEAVE A POSITIVE OR CLOSE THE CLAIM.

Thank you, Coachfreak. I did not file a formal SNAD claim. I just wrote to her and described the SNAD and she agreed to a discount. So Paypal shouldn't be holding any money, right?

Is it true that paypal doesn't release payment to the seller until I give feedback?
Thanks.

it could be the seller has the hold, but it will release upon positive feedback OR confirmed delivery.

She can still hit the refund button in Paypal and give you a partial refund and it SHOULD deduct from what they are holding.

It COULD be the seller just doesn't know this or they want the positive to fight a SNAS claim if you file.

IMO tell them to process the refund in Paypal today or tomorrow file SNAS in Paypal and indicate that you want a full refund or the partial one they promised.

Tell the seller to go to the transaction page and look at the bottom then hit refund and type in 10.00. She will be able to refund you. Once she does you can close the dispute and leave positive feedback. Paypal does put a hold on funds until you leave positive feedback or the item is delivered sometimes.