Please Help: Searching for Khaki Biker Jacket size 42

RealDealCollection

Luxury Consignment
O.G.
Apr 19, 2006
I would appreciate all the help I can get to find a size 42 in the Khaki color. The one that gets lots of fingernail scratches and is a greenish-brown color with black zippers!

If you see or hear of one, please let me know. I would prefer buying it from a store that I can return it for a full refund in case it doesn't fit, but it probably will be perfect so that's not a deal breaker.

I've tried on my size 44 Kaki/Khaki Biker Jacket on a couple times and I think it's too wide in the shoulders and too long in the sleeves. I can easily zip this jacket all the way up over my 34-36DD boobs and it's kinda baggy in the back when I do that.

I want a more fitted look b/c it's too hot to zip this baby up most of the time. I tried walking around the house in it and had to hold the sleeves up with my hands cupped or fingers spread out! The shoulder seams do not seem to stay on top of my shoulders...they are sliding down my arms unless I hold the jacket just so, like you saw in my pics.

Going by the Bal.com size chart for this biker jacket I should be a perfect size 42 with 38" bust and 30" waist...that's exactly what I measure right now. Plus, I am trying to lose 5-10 pounds with exercise which will just make the 44 even larger on me.

Thank you in advance for keeping your eyes out for me and I hope to find one before they are all gone.

Here's the size 44 Khaki on me:
09_khaki_biker_onme_b.jpg

Hi, I called around early last week and they had the Khaki in 42 at the Nordstrom Mall of America. 952.883.2121
Good luck!!:biggrin: I hope it is still there!!

I would appreciate all the help I can get to find a size 42 in the Khaki color. The one that gets lots of fingernail scratches and is a greenish-brown color with black zippers!

If you see or hear of one, please let me know. I would prefer buying it from a store that I can return it for a full refund in case it doesn't fit, but it probably will be perfect so that's not a deal breaker.

I've tried on my size 44 Kaki/Khaki Biker Jacket on a couple times and I think it's too wide in the shoulders and too long in the sleeves. I can easily zip this jacket all the way up over my 34-36DD boobs and it's kinda baggy in the back when I do that.

I want a more fitted look b/c it's too hot to zip this baby up most of the time. I tried walking around the house in it and had to hold the sleeves up with my hands cupped or fingers spread out! The shoulder seams do not seem to stay on top of my shoulders...they are sliding down my arms unless I hold the jacket just so, like you saw in my pics.

Going by the Bal.com size chart for this biker jacket I should be a perfect size 42 with 38" bust and 30" waist...that's exactly what I measure right now. Plus, I am trying to lose 5-10 pounds with exercise which will just make the 44 even larger on me.

Thank you in advance for keeping your eyes out for me and I hope to find one before they are all gone.

Here's the size 44 Khaki on me:
realdealcollection.com/images/09_khaki_biker_onme_b.jpg

^ Thank you, mntncat, unfortunately they are all sold out of the Biker Jackets! Seems like we all did a good job of clearing the stockrooms of this baby.

I have a feeling there are still size 42s with black zippers out there somewhere. My #1 color choice is Khaki (I'm cool w/ the fingernail marks) but I also think the Navy/Marine, Havana/Havane or classic Black would look nice on me. Please pass along any leads you see or hear about.

I'm close to 100% sure the size 42 fit will be perfect on me. And in turn, if there's anyone that thinks this Khaki size 44 would fit them perfectly, I'll pass along the return information (store, SA, date I ship) so that it can be snagged again by a PFer ;o)

Please note, I will not be selling this jacket, just returning it and only if I can find a replacement.

^^^ I'm on the hunt for 42 in black or navy..did you say you had run into one? :nuts: If I may also ask for your advice, I'm 36B which comes to 38bust, you think 42 should be perfect, right? From you measurements we are exactly the same. But what's confusing is that another girl with 36b is going for the 40 because 42 is too big. I think I wouldn't be able to zip the 40 which is okay as long as the sleeve isn't too long. And according to Kay's measurements in the other thread, I could squeeze in the jacket unzipped. And I'm thinking the 42 sleeve will be too long. I also have wide shoulders. Do these jackets accommodate wide shoulders? Any thoughts you can give will be great :flowers:

Hope find it, Corey. That is absolutely THE coolest jacket I have ever seen. Marlon Brando, here you come? Please don't send that one back until you find the other one. I think the one you have looks great, but I don't like tight jackets too much for me. If you were riding a motorcycle, you would want to have some room to move in there. The khaki color is to die for.

mntncat: thank you and I would say these jackets do accommodate wide shoulders but you'll probably want to go up one size from what your normal French jacket size is to make sure you have full arm movement in it.

weekender2: thanks for your update on the stock, it's pretty crazy how many of these jackets sold b/c of this forum!

mmmsc: turns out you are absolutely right about my 44 ;o) It's a keeper for sure!

So everyone, I found a Khaki 42 and just got it, the shoulders fit pretty perfectly on me (I have narrow shoulders compared to my bust) and the sleeves aren't crazy long. However, this 42 has stretch marks, raised wrinkles that run up and down, left-to-right on the front and back. It really looks to me like it was worn zipped up in attempt to stretch it out, but the delicate leather couldn't take the strain. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe this jacket looked like this the moment it was produced, but when I put it on and zip up just the bottom portion, the marks become more exaggerated and it's somewhat sausage looking.

I believe that these Balenciaga biker jackets really don't stretch the way usual leather jackets do. They are all ready broken-in and then sewn into the sizes, maybe even slightly smaller than usual for that fitted look. The leather will loosen up just a touch around the seams once they are worn for a few minutes here and there. That's how my 44 feels now.

I've decided I prefer the full-motion and functionality of my 44, plus its leather is thicker and softer with gorgeous leather grain and no stretch marks, but there are plenty of fingernail marks. I am loving how it's turning vintage looking without much effort.

Thank you all for keeping your eyes and ears open for me, thank goodness I found the bigger size first as it turned out to be the better fit ;o)

i am really happy you found the right size for you ,it is stunning and you are fabolous with this colour*C*!:woohoo::woohoo:!!i am lusting on it too::graucho::graucho:...in khaki or navy..but i am :banned:until 2010

CHLOEGLAMOUR: Thank you! It's kinda like a bag and the leather on it makes a big difference. I couldn't love the thinner more stretched leather when I have this thick and delicious one here ;o) I hope you find the jacket of your dreams in 2010. Honestly, I think after the frenzy we've created Balenciaga will make more of these jackets for us and profits for them.

mntncat: thanks and yes, it was very helpful comparing the two sizes. If I lose 10 pounds I'll probably start thinking of another 42 but in another color...don't tell my husband, he'll surely divorce me b/c this jacket has consumed my attention too long in his book.

MichK: thank you very much, I agree it's a very cool color once the marks get to an acceptable "used" amount. My 44 is darker and more saturated than the 42 I tried.

RACHEY07: I think they may be very similar to the marks you found on your jacket. The 42 did also squeak some and my 44 doesn't. Comparing the two it seemed like the 44 was much thicker leather and the 42 had thinner leather that was already overly stretched looking. My 44 isn't much bigger really, but like shoes, the smallest changes in sizes makes significant differences in comfort.

^^ I won't tell your husband, but he would not divorce you- you are too hot with the jacket now! :biggrin: For your other color what would you get? Thank you for the advice to size up, I am waiting "patiently" for the black in 42 to come back in.