Please help! Rubbing on the leather or normal?

Donya Aurora

JayveBP
Jul 3, 2009
Help please! Iv been noticing these what looks like rubbing marks on the corners and edges of my Saint Laurent wallet😕 and for a new wallet that iv had for less than 2 months this should not be happening! Iv also noticed it is also in places in between leathers so it might just be paint or something they put on it to protect the corners (it feels like rubber). Is this happening to anyone else out there with an item with this type of Saint Laurent leather? Normal or rubbing? Should I be concerned?..... I'm freaking out!

Attachments

• 1410099290874.jpg
    1410099290874.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 383
  • 1410099306138.jpg
    1410099306138.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 379
  • 1410099319328.jpg
    1410099319328.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 382
  • 1410099337977.jpg
    1410099337977.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 383
  • 1410099350050.jpg
    1410099350050.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 380
  • 1410099363602.jpg
    1410099363602.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 383
Added note my wallet is always sitting flat in a soft area in my bag where there is no room for rubbing and where it isn't being thrown around, so basically 2 months of very well treated use it should not be like this.

Wow im disappointed for you, the wallet is beautiful. Maybe you just got a bad wallet out the batch...I would take it back and exchange it. But make sure you hold onto the receipt because you may end up returning if this happen again.

YSL patent is very durable and this is not happening during normal use. I have had a patent Downtown for ages and it looked the same for years. I just had a bit of white areas , looks to me like in your photos, but it was not near any glue, I used olive oil on a cotton swab and rubbed it in, the spots disappeared. I have a feeling that these are not similar to what I have, and I would for sure bring it back to the store. I hope it is the store nearby so that you do not have to go through a terrible problem.

i have the exact same wallet as you and the same experience! and I had it worse!!! it is such a pretty wallet but I have no idea if it is the quality of the leather or the design of the wallet (sharp edges might be prone to abrasion) that is so lousy!

Sorry I don't have photos to show you because I have returned mine to the store. After only less than a month of usage, my heart stopped for a moment when I realise that the front tip (near the snap area) start to peel then I realise I had all the blur "rubbing" edges (exactly like your photos!) v v v upsetting!!!! for the amount I had paid I could have gotten a chanel wallet!!! i didnt expect the quality to be tat lousy! If its after a long use such things happen I will accept because of wear and tear.. but not less than a month!!!! ridiculous!!!

So i went back to the store, they claimed that no other customers feedback about this issue.. they do not allow exchange and told me the will send it to their repairer to see if it can be repaired. so after a few days they told me that they will give me a credit note for exchange (v v fishy!!). So i was at the store yesterday, they gave me a wallet claiming that it was a new piece, but after close inspection, it had the blurred rubbing edges!!! What nonsense!! they told me that I can go to another store where there is more stock to choose. But at this moment I am already v v v disappointed with both the product and the service! I am v sceptical if i should even change to the same wallet or change to the zip around version which might reduce the chance of abrasion. If its the quality of the leather then there is no point even if i change to zip around version???!!

Pls help!!!

i have the exact same wallet as you and the same experience! and I had it worse!!! it is such a pretty wallet but I have no idea if it is the quality of the leather or the design of the wallet (sharp edges might be prone to abrasion) that is so lousy!

Sorry I don't have photos to show you because I have returned mine to the store. After only less than a month of usage, my heart stopped for a moment when I realise that the front tip (near the snap area) start to peel then I realise I had all the blur "rubbing" edges (exactly like your photos!) v v v upsetting!!!! for the amount I had paid I could have gotten a chanel wallet!!! i didnt expect the quality to be tat lousy! If its after a long use such things happen I will accept because of wear and tear.. but not less than a month!!!! ridiculous!!!

So i went back to the store, they claimed that no other customers feedback about this issue.. they do not allow exchange and told me the will send it to their repairer to see if it can be repaired. so after a few days they told me that they will give me a credit note for exchange (v v fishy!!). So i was at the store yesterday, they gave me a wallet claiming that it was a new piece, but after close inspection, it had the blurred rubbing edges!!! What nonsense!! they told me that I can go to another store where there is more stock to choose. But at this moment I am already v v v disappointed with both the product and the service! I am v sceptical if i should even change to the same wallet or change to the zip around version which might reduce the chance of abrasion. If its the quality of the leather then there is no point even if i change to zip around version???!!

Pls help!!!
I would not accept this in a product. So disappointing. What is the leather and finish? I love the style of this wallet, so appealing.

I have a good amount of YSL, some of which is a dozen years old or more.... And some of that was pre loved. All but one piece is rub free on edges/corners (pre loved and loved enough or maybe loved too much, ha). I would find another style. This wallet is v pretty to look at, more like a clutch to be carried in its style, than a wallet.

I purchased a Lavin quilted lamb leather zip around, new. I have not used it yet and I noticed there are rub marks on an outside pocket. I do not know what caused it and I have had the piece too long to return. I purchased a BV woven zip around and almost returned cause it appeared so delicate. The SA assured me this piece would wear beautifully or I should bring it back. I have used this wallet for six months, and while I do keep it in a nondescript bag within my handbags (because of possible accidental damage), this wallet remains to appear flawless. I am v careful with the bags and wallets, too much almost.