Please help. Royal Mail tracking displaying worrying information.

honeybunch

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
Hi all, I sold a pair of Louboutin spike shoes online to a buyer in the US and posted them out via Royal Mail Airsure ( I am in the UK). The buyer paid £800 for the shoes but I could only get insurance for £500. I thought it was worth the risk as I've never had any problem with Airsure before. I posted the the shoes about 5 days ago and I just checked the tracking information and it states the following:

Your item has reached the destination country. Your item has arrived in Manchester Mail Centre and is being processed for delivery.

Manchester mail centre is in my home city and the package was supposed to be delivered to the States! So what is happening? Has the parcel been refused and being returned to sender? I'm concerned the shoes might be a prohibited item to be sent abroad because of the spike detail on the shoes. Maybe they are considered to be a weapon!!! Lol.

On a serious note, I'm really worried about what's going on as I don't understand why the shoes appear to have been returned back to this country, or have they never left this country in the first place and the mail company have got confused and somehow thought the sender address was the address for the shoes to be delivered to?

Any advice?

Last edited:
The best advice i can give is to call royal mail tomorrow and ask where the shows are. Good luck:smile:

Yes, I think i'll have to do this although I don't know if they would have any additional information to what I already have available to me on the screen. I'm just so worried as the shoes are so expensive and I don't want the buyer to think I'm scamming her. I'm hoping it's just some sort of system error.

I had a similar experience with a package I mailed from my state (in US) to another state within the US.

Several days after I'd sent it, tracking showed as "attempted delivery" in MY OWN zip code. I knew there was no attempted delivery here and decided to watch the tracking for the next day or so. The following day, it was delivered to my buyer.

Not sure whether UK postal service works similarly to USPS, but in the case of my item, someone simply hit a wrong code during the course of the journey to the recipient making it appear that I was the recipient. Maybe that's what happened in your case.

Try tracking the parcel on the US postal companies website, your tracking number should work on their website and hopefully it will be showing there :smile:
Thanks ladies. I did try tracking it on the USPS website and it came up! Thanks for suggesting this. It's in the sorting facility in New York since 31st December. It's supposed to be delivered to LA so is that normal that it goes to the NY sorting office first?

I had a similar experience with a package I mailed from my state (in US) to another state within the US.

Several days after I'd sent it, tracking showed as "attempted delivery" in MY OWN zip code. I knew there was no attempted delivery here and decided to watch the tracking for the next day or so. The following day, it was delivered to my buyer.

Not sure whether UK postal service works similarly to USPS, but in the case of my item, someone simply hit a wrong code during the course of the journey to the recipient making it appear that I was the recipient. Maybe that's what happened in your case.

Strange! Sounds like a similar case to mine.

use the tracking number to find your parcel's location, and you can also contact your local post to check your order. Sometimes the parcel has arrived but the tracking information hadn't updated timely.

They have numerous sorting facilities in the US. I'd suspect it went to NY first to clear customs, since it's closest to the UK, then they will go on to LA. So glad to hear that you found them in the US! Soon they will be in LA, and on your buyer's feet!