Please help! Question about Mikimoto stud earrings.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi, everyone,

I am hoping you guys can help me :smile:

I am thinking of buying my first pair of Mikimoto pearl stud earrings. I found a pair on Nordstrom's website, the description says it is Mikimoto Grade AA Akoya Cultured Pearl Stud Earrings. Here is the link:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3077884/0~2376780~6009391~6026644~6026908?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6026908&P=1

What do you guys think about this pair? Should I go for it?

Also, has anyone had an experience buying Mikimoto from Nordstrom's? There is also another place that stocks Mikimoto where I live - Ben Bridge Jewelers. Do you guys think I am better off buying from the Nordstrom or Ben Bridge Jewelers?

What does Mikimoto earrings usually come with when you purchase not in the store itself? I am assuming it should come with its own Mikimoto box and a certificate, is that right?

Thanks for your hep! :smile:

2. I don't know much about Mikimoto earrings but I heard that the Ben Bridge line is there Blue Lagoon line which is lower in quality. There is a pearl thread in the forum and a few pearl experts on that site. I would purchase at Nordstrom's just because of their return policy. If you decide 3 months later you do not like them you can take them back

I have Mikimoto earrings and I love them. However you are paying a premium for the brand name and can buy Akoya pearls at www.thepearloutlet.com for a lot less. Since they are earring no one will no if they are Mikimoto or not compared to a necklace that has the Mikimoto clasp

3. #3 Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  4. Sfgirl, thanks for the reply!

I am so confused now. I thought the quality is determined by the grade (A, A+, AA or AAA).

Thanks for the link, I will check it out!