Please help: Prune or rouge h bolide?

I prefer a bit of slouch in the bolide, so I have to vote for prune.

I like the 37 size, I like the slouch, love the palladium with it, and I do like prune in clemence. I also like that this is somewhat a color and yet neutral.

I feel the rouge H in fjord is a bit flat colorwise and it will be stiffer. I do love fjord all the way around, but not in this combo.

OOOhhh hard choice!

I have a 31 Prune Clemence Bolide/PHW which I love as it's so easy to use. I used to think that a Rigide Bolide would suit me more, til I went to the Boutique and was given a demo of "mou v rigide" by my SA, at which point I realised mou opened more and was easier to manage. Fjord is stiffer than Clemence so it's up to you.

Rouge H is a classic colour, Prune is a neutral (to me) with Brown tones, so it depends on how you feel about the leathers involved too.

Last edited:
I agree - not a straight forward choice.

Colourwise, I'd have a hard time walking away from prune clemence but in another relaxed style. However, for a bolide, I prefer a rigide. Not terribly helpful, I know - but a good nights sleep always helps! Good luck with your choice.

The resting issue shouldn't really make a difference - it's what you love.

What about your wardrobe?

Have you "played" with both bags? What does your SA think suits you more (mine is usually right about everything - she persuaded me against some bags!).

How about taking a good friend/OH with you to decide? When it's right, you'll know ;):smile:

ETA - if it's a weekend bag, will it be stuffed full? Mou "gives" more than rigide and may hold more. If it was me though, in that size I may be more inclined to go for the Rouge H. I felt I needed more "give" in a smaller bag (as mine is a 31), but I would "play" with both first.