Please help pray for my little sister

Your sister and family are in my prayers, and I wish her speedy continued recovery.

The insurance issue's will take care of themselves. If her private healthcare insurance has been turned over to the hopsital the first thing they are going to do is see if this is result of an accident and if it is, what kind, and since it is auto they will get the auto policy to pay. Believe me the health insurance company will have the auto insurance company paying the maxium allowable on their plan as should be. (At least in the US)

Again don't worry about the bills, those are going to get taken care of. Concentrate on your sister. :idea:

Once again, thank you guys so much for the warm wishes and prayers..

My sister's condition has been stable since yesterday. She does recognise us however she does not remember anything about the accident. The police has called several times to enquire her to describe to them what exactly happened that night. The doctor said it's normal for her to have a short-term memory loss in this kind of circumstances.

According to the MRI, x-rays, etc, she does not have any internal injury :smile: but she's still experiencing terrible headache all the time. The neurologist has seen her today and according to him, there was no indication of brain injury from the MRI, as such the headache would be due to the post-trauma stress from the accident.

My sister is currently an undergraduate, as such she might be required to defer this semester as there is no way she would be able to continue with her studies in this state. My parents will be flying her back with them to our hometown to let her recuparate for the next few months. However, it would depend on her condition, the doctor mentioned that she might not be up for the flight as yet as she's still in a very weak condition. So we are just hoping that her condition would improve.

Regarding the financial aspect, we have talked to the insurance company and they said they will pursue the matter. They will talk to the police to find out what happened and whether if it will be covered by her insurance. Anyhow, my dad has talked to the father of the driver's and they have agreed that should the insurance do not cover the medical cost, we will split it in half.

Once again, thank u all so much for your prayers and good wishes. I will keep you guys updated. I haven't sleep in 3 days yet :sad:.. ill try to get some sleep tonight

Hey Potuss,

i hope you get a few winks tonight/soon for your own health. I'm glad to hear she has been stable and am glad to hear she doesn't have any internal injuries. the headaches and the memory loss are quite common. it's a good thing it's not more serious. some ppl lose certain abilities if a certainpart of the brain is sufficiently damaged.

sounds like a good idea for her to postpone her studies till next term so she can recover physically and also emotionally. she'll probably have to cope with post traumatic stress.

I think it's more than fair that your dad asked the driver's dad for only 1/2 the cost.

Keep us updated and get some rest yourself. *hugs*

Glad to hear your sis is stable. Quite scary! I think your father is being a bit too generous with the "driver"...was this her ex? Anyhow the most important thing is that your sister is alive and prayers go out to your family.:smile:

Hmmm, I would expect the driver's insurance to cover her medical expenses. Your sister did nothing wrong and isn't at fault.

The most important thing is that she's conscious and will recover. Take care of yourself now that the worst seems to be over. Best wishes to you, sis, and your family.

I'm so sorry to hear about that. Your sister and family are in my prayers, truely. Leave it in God's hands. Pray and talk to your sister. That's all you can do. I wish her a speedy recovery.

And yes, the EX needs to be EXED! Seriously! Sending crazy pictures and text messages, that's just insane. He needs professional help.

Thank God she is still stable & no internal injuries. I hope she regains her strength quickly. Pity about her studies but as long as she is ok. I hope the financial thing works out ok & I do agree that driver should pay all but I suppose it was decent enough to offer half before there is any legal obligation to do so. Hopefully all will be paid by insurance.