Please help pray for my little sister

Hey..

My sister has regained her consciouness.. but she doesn't remember anything about the accident. The doctor said it's normal to lose some memory in an accident like this. Her condition has been stable. but the doctors still need to monitor her progress.

Anyway, my father is saying that we should ask the driver's family to foot all the medical bills as according to the police report, they are suscpeting that the driver might have been speeding when the incident occured. If the bill is not covered by the insurance, my dad will demand the driver's family to settle the expenses. Do you think we are reasonable??

I am so sorry to hear of your sister's accident. I am glad to hear she's improving and hope for a continuing speedy recovery. I'll keep her and your family in my prayers.

potuss...i'm so glad to hear that she's improving. i hope she can make a fast and full recovery, and no, i don't think it's too much to ask of his family to foot the medical bills. it's the least that his family could do for the emotional/physical trauma that he has caused her.

I am so glad to hear your sister has regained consciousness.

I don't think it's unreasonable for your dad to ask their family to contribute to the medical bills. The other driver was partly if not completely responsible.

I'm not totally sure but I assume that your sister's medical costs will be covered under the "bodily injury" coverage of the driver's auto policy. I doubt there would be any trouble recovering the costs. Hopefully, the policy limits are enough to cover everything. If not, your next recourse is to sue for the rest unless the driver agrees to pay.

I'm glad to hear your sister is doing better. I hope she continues to a full and speedy recovery.

Hey..

My sister has regained her consciouness.. but she doesn't remember anything about the accident. The doctor said it's normal to lose some memory in an accident like this. Her condition has been stable. but the doctors still need to monitor her progress.

Anyway, my father is saying that we should ask the driver's family to foot all the medical bills as according to the police report, they are suscpeting that the driver might have been speeding when the incident occured. If the bill is not covered by the insurance, my dad will demand the driver's family to settle the expenses. Do you think we are reasonable??

I'm so glad that she is doing better. I'll continue to pray for speedy and full recovery.
I advise that your father seeks legal advise. Let your lawyer worry about the financial aspect so your family can focus on helping your sister recover.
No,it is NOT unreasonable to expect the driver to be financially responsible. It is the LEAST he can do.

glad to hear she's regained consciousness. yeah i do think it's normal to suffer memory loss.

i don't think it's unreasonable to have the driver/family pay for medical expenses. i mean the irresponsible person got her into this state! in fact, i;d even file a civil suit against the driver if the lawyer thinks there is enough of a case. of course that is costly and you have to choose the battles you want to take but i hope she gets well fast and the medical expenses will be covered by the insurance and not be an additional worry for you and your family.

by the way, does she recognize you guys? it's good if she is and if she's speaking even if it's just a little.

keep us updated! we're all sending our best wishes and prayers to you and your family

Hey..

Prayers sent, please know you are not alone and the wonderful people here on TPF are thinking of you and your family.
Just because she is hooked up to all sorts of things does not mean the worst. She is safe in the hospital and has the love of her family. Just be there for her and talk to her, she will feel your love.