Please help one more time :-)Last poll before making final decision, 30B vs 32 Kelly.

What would be a better add to my humble collection, 32K vs 30B.

• 30 Birkin in Bleu Orage ghw

• 32 Kelly in Bleu Orage ghw

• 30 Birkin Bleu Orage Permabrass hardware

• 32 Kelly Bleu Orage Permabrass hardware

Results are only viewable after voting.

**Chanel**

Trying to b good ^_^
O.G.
Jan 31, 2009
Hi all,

I hope the mods don't mind that I opened a new poll, but in my previous thread I was asking about picking a color, and now I could use some advice which bag to pick this time.
I could post this in my old thread as well, but since I have only three more days to go before the final decision, I thought a new thread would work better.
I hope that is ok :flowers:.

So, I was debating between Bleu Orage and Bleu de Galice. While my first thought was that Bleu Orage might be too dark for me, I fell more and more in love with Bleu Orage, especially after seeing Jada Pinkett Smith in action with it today at the Stars thread. I still like Bleu de Galice as well, but BO would simply work better with my wardrobe and with ghw it's a classic IMO. I also like how it looks in different lighting. Especially with that tinge of green. And blue. I have a lot of scarves with blue in it and I think it would work well with this bag. So for now, I will pick Bleu Orage. If Bleu de Galice is still available next year for SO, well, who knows :graucho:.
I will go for Togo leather, or is Bleu Orage available in Chevre as well?
Spoke with the manager today but forgot to ask about Chevre. He told me I could call him on Saturday for my final decision, he is leaving to Paris on Sunday.

The question is, should I go for a 30 Birkin or for a 32 Kelly? And I know I have to make this decision all by myself and that I should pick what works best for me, but I know both bags work for me. Kelly and Birkin.
I have 2 30 Birkins so far, 1 35B and 1 28K. I think a 32K would be a nice add to my humble collection to have some variation, but I wonder if it won't be too heavy (that's why I asked about Chevre, because it's lighter)?
My 35 B sometimes feels a bit heavy, even when I don't carry a lot in it.
If I go for Kelly, I definitely want 32 size in this color. If I go for Birkin, it's going to be a 30. Gold hardware.
If I go for 32 Kelly, I might ask if I can order a canvas strap as well, maybe a canvas strap that is also long enough to wear cross body.

So, what should I do and what do you think would work best for me?
Please advice me one more time and then I am done with questions, I promise :biggrin:!
Thank you so much everyone (I hope I didn't make anyone crazy yet with my bag decision talking, lol :P ), the advice in my previous thread has been extremely helpful to me :tup:!

PS, I included Permabrass hardware in this poll as well because I wear jewelry in yellow gold, but also in white gold, platinum and silver.
And I think Permabrass hardware will go with all sorts of jewelry, no?
But then again, I think ghw looks richer on Bleu Orage, what do you think?

If you go to post #618 in this thread, you will see Bleu Orage B with ghw next to a Club Birkin in Etain with Permabrass hardware:
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/spring-summer-2013-podium-order-760845-42.html

Glad you have decided the color for your next B/K, not an easy task. I hate it when I myself ding dong ding dong among colors to choose from.

Given your current B and K collection, I would choose 32K with GHW. I have 30Bs and 32K, my BBK is definitely lighter than my 30K. I am not sure about the weight between 30B and 32K, but I should think they probably weigh about the same. 32K is really a great size to have, GHW adds a dose of class and richness to the color, but you can't go wrong with permabrass too!

If I don't put GHW and permabrass side by side, I can hardly notice any difference.

Once you have sorted things out, my turn to pick your brain for my next K32's color :smile:

So it's just my opinion, but given your collection, I would opt for the 32 K. I have both a 35 B and a 35 K and I find that the K is easier to carry, and in my opinion lighter. I also use the shoulder strap on occasion, which is a nice alternative. That said, I think that you'll find the 32 much lighter than the 35 B, and it will provide a nice, casual alternative to what you have, especially since you have 2 30 Bs already.

BTW, your color choice is great, and I love it especially with GHW. Yay! Can't wait to hear what you've picked.

Glad you have decided the color for your next B/K, not an easy task. I hate it when I myself ding dong ding dong among colors to choose from.

Given your current B and K collection, I would choose 32K with GHW. I have 30Bs and 32K, my BBK is definitely lighter than my 30K. I am not sure about the weight between 30B and 32K, but I should think they probably weigh about the same. 32K is really a great size to have, GHW adds a dose of class and richness to the color, but you can't go wrong with permabrass too!

If I don't put GHW and permabrass side by side, I can hardly notice any difference.

Once you have sorted things out, my turn to pick your brain for my next K32's color :smile:

Anytime dear, just let me know :biggrin:! Which colors are you considering for your next K?

CocoB, Thank you for sharing your opinion and experience, very helpful :tup:!

I already have a slight preference for the bag in my mind, my only big doubt is actually Permabrass vs Gold hardware.
It looks very rich with ghw IMO and I wonder if Permabrass won't take away the richness of the color.
But Permabrass would probably work better with all sort of jewelry, don't you think?

Given what you have in your collection, I would probably choose a 32K. I have 30Bs and 32Ks and generally find the weight to be more or less the same (comparing togo to togo). 32K is maybe just slightly lighter but really not that much of a difference. The greatest difference is the strap with 32K. I find it so much more convenient traveling with 32K because I have the option to carry it on my shoulder. I do find that I am able to fit more stuff in my 30Bs. In terms of hardware, I would probably pick ghw over permabrass. I have a Blue Thalassa toolbox with permabrass and the hardware color is really barely noticeable. In fact, against the blue, most of the time I actually find that it looks more silver.

Your collection needs a 32k!! My 32k togo is so much lighter than my 35b Togo. And the the Kelly has a slimmer profile because of the base so less bumping into things, even as compared to both my birkins (35 and 30).

Go for the ghw! It will provide a stunning contrast against blue orage. Permabrass is nice, but ghw will give blue orage that extra oomph :smile:

Good luck deciding!

Hi dear, I voted 32K with GHW. I personal don't like permabrass very much. Instead of matching both gold and silver, I find it doesn't match either. It looks out of place for me. JMO. HTH! Good luck!

Just a note: If you order Chevre, a 32 Kelly is not possible (at least, I tried, and the answer was no--It came as a 28). Darn those small goats!

Agree, I was told the same only 28 for chèvre. Congrats on your decision, it's such a beautiful color. You can't go wrong with either hardware but Gold is beautiful with this color plus you may be turned down for permabrass, so I choose gold. Definitely a 32 Kelly, it's the perfect handbag!

Just a note: If you order Chevre, a 32 Kelly is not possible (at least, I tried, and the answer was no--It came as a 28). Darn those small goats!

I think you are right about this, I've heard something that Chevre doesn't come bigger than 28 K or 30 B atm :yes:.

Thank you for all your helpful suggestions, everyone!

Two days left to decide. I think I will go for a 32K this time, I am not 100% sure about the hardware yet.
I have some Permabrass scarf rings and I even took them out of the box and was keeping them against the screen of my laptop, to see if I could get an impression how it would look against Bleu Orage. Then I kept them against the ghw of one of my Birkins to see the difference between the two. The things we do for H., lol :P.

Still undecided about hardware. I wouldn't mind to have a bag with Permabrass hardware, but maybe PB would look better against a brighter bag?
So maybe it's best to pick ghw this time. I guess I can always wear a two tone watch so that I can wear white gold/silver/platinum jewelry with this bag as well :thinking:.

Another question, if I pick the ghw for the Kelly, don't you guys think it will be too dressy? Because I would like to wear this Kelly with casual outfits as well ;).
Oh, I really don't want phw, since I already have 3 bags with phw. So it's either ghw or Permabrass hardware.

chanel,
Get the 32 Kelly!! You have such a beautiful collection of Birkins and I don't know if you also have kellys but if not, it would be a great addition and something different!