Please help! NF DE owners

bay102375

Apr 19, 2012
Hi everyone! I wanted to ask all NF DE owners who tried wearing their NF by cinching in. I really wanted to wear mine cinched in, however i'm kinda afraid that if i do that the leather (piping) on the edges at the side might cracked since it's been folded. In DE the leather is treated and it's more prone to cracking or wrinkling. Have you experience this or notice with your NF DE while cinched in? Do you have any cracking issues with the piping bec it's been cinched in? I value all your opinion, thank you!

Hi everyone! I wanted to ask all NF DE owners who tried wearing their NF by cinching in. I really wanted to wear mine cinched in, however i'm kinda afraid that if i do that the leather (piping) on the edges at the side might cracked since it's been folded. In DE the leather is treated and it's more prone to cracking or wrinkling. Have you experience this or notice with your NF DE while cinched in? Do you have any cracking issues with the piping bec it's been cinched in? I value all your opinion, thank you!

I've had my DE NF for 3 years, and it's been cinched for the majority of that time. Never had a problem with the leather trim at the top of the bag. (To be honest, I wish I could say the same about the straps!) the top trim is fine to cinch. Enjoy your bag!

I've had my DE NF for 3 years, and it's been cinched for the majority of that time. Never had a problem with the leather trim at the top of the bag. (To be honest, I wish I could say the same about the straps!) the top trim is fine to cinch. Enjoy your bag!
i will! thanks for your input! I do appreciate it!:smile:

I had my de neverfull for only 3 months and used it on and off during this time, I wouldn't cinch my bag every time but occasionally would. Unfortunately for me mine cracked right on that fold of the leather trim when it's cinched in. So to answer your question.. Yes, there is definitely the possibility of that happening. Luckily I got an exchange from lv as my bag was relatively new but I don't cinch my new one in as I'm scared that the same thing might happen to this one.

I had my de neverfull for only 3 months and used it on and off during this time, I wouldn't cinch my bag every time but occasionally would. Unfortunately for me mine cracked right on that fold of the leather trim when it's cinched in. So to answer your question.. Yes, there is definitely the possibility of that happening. Luckily I got an exchange from lv as my bag was relatively new but I don't cinch my new one in as I'm scared that the same thing might happen to this one.
Thanks dear! But i have watched in one of those YT NF DE Reviews that try not to cinched the bag (NF DE) if still new coz the leather is still stiff and can easily cracked at the folds. Maybe that's why it happen to your NF since it's still fairly new.That is why i haven't tried cinching in when i got it. Months have passed and i notice the canvas is getting softer but i'm still kinda afraid to cinch it in.:thinking:

I've had my NF DE for a month and I've been cinching it and uncinching it when I don't use it. I haven't seen any tears, but I'm glad I came across this. I'm reconsidering cinching it now. But it's so cute cinched :sad:

Oh Im glad I came across this thread coz I also have the same dilemna, afraid to cinched my DE NF but I am going to cinched it now for its so cute when cinched.And I can always go to the LV boutique should cracking occurs.

I've had my NF DE for a month and I've been cinching it and uncinching it when I don't use it. I haven't seen any tears, but I'm glad I came across this. I'm reconsidering cinching it now. But it's so cute cinched :sad:

Oh Im glad I came across this thread coz I also have the same dilemna, afraid to cinched my DE NF but I am going to cinched it now for its so cute when cinched.And I can always go to the LV boutique should cracking occurs.

I know! I started this thread coz i wanted to asked everybody( NF owners) who had experienced any cracking of the piping when cinched. I love the look of cinching the bag, But i'm kinda scared it will crack the leather and i'm not ready for that! I love my bag so much and i want to keep her forever, so i wanted to take care of her as much as i could to preserved her beauty!!!:biggrin:

I've worn my bag for 3 days (cinched in) and the leather has cracked on it so I'm taking it straight back and am going to try my best to exchange this bag (even though it has my initials on) for a NF Mono. Wish me luck please. I need it! If you buy a NF in DE - DO NOT CINCHE!

I've worn my bag for 3 days (cinched in) and the leather has cracked on it so I'm taking it straight back and am going to try my best to exchange this bag (even though it has my initials on) for a NF Mono. Wish me luck please. I need it! If you buy a NF in DE - DO NOT CINCHE!
gOODLUCK dEAR! hOPEFULY tHEY wONT gVE yOU a hARD tiME! iM sURE eVERYTHING iS gONNA bE oK!

gOODLUCK dEAR! hOPEFULY tHEY wONT gVE yOU a hARD tiME! iM sURE eVERYTHING iS gONNA bE oK!

So happy! I went back to the London store (bond street) and they changed it over there and then for a monogram and even hotstamped my initials onto the new bag. I was all geared up for a hard time but I can't fault the customer service (apart from the DE NF GM cracking in the first place and the upset it caused me after 3 days use)!

So happy! I went back to the London store (bond street) and they changed it over there and then for a monogram and even hotstamped my initials onto the new bag. I was all geared up for a hard time but I can't fault the customer service (apart from the DE NF GM cracking in the first place and the upset it caused me after 3 days use)!

Yay! So you got mono now? Congrats! So happy for u! Too bad i for got to ask u if u can take a photo of the NF that has crack so we can see it! I guess to late now! But u can show us ur new nF mono! :smile:

yaya, we would like to see photo of the NF that has crack.

Btw, how abt ur Mono so far? Any colour transferring happen?

Appreciate if you can provide photo too.

Thanks

I could post of photo of the cracking if I knew how to hehe. I keep trying and it says I can only upload a picture from a URL?! I absolutely love my mono. The patina is getting a bit darker which I love. As for colour transfer, I haven't noticed any on the actual mono. There is a tiny bit on the vanchetta straps from my coat but this doesn't bother me at all. I like the vintage/used look!