Which combination Chanel flap?

• Black Cavier Jumbo Flap GHW

• Black Cavier Maxi Flap GHW

• Black Lambskin Jumbo Flap GHW

• Black Lambskin Maxi Flap GHW

Results are only viewable after voting.

angelamaz2

Jul 6, 2011
I'm finally deciding to take the plunge to purchase my first Chanel classic flap before another price increase and for my upcomming BIG birthday. I'm just struggling with jumbo or maxi and cavier or lambskin leather. I'm leaning towards cavier jumbo flap for its versatility. but loves how the lambskin's elegant look. I'm about 5"3, would the maxi look too big? All the chanel gals here Please give me some opinions and help me decide.

I am the same height as you are and went for a dark red caviar jumbo SHW as my first chanel and it is perfect for my size.

The maxi might be too big and caviar, I have been told, is a lot easier to look after.

I have seen your shocking reveal in BV~ and I feel that we have similar build, I would not go for Maxi unless it is of special color or has a vintage look that I can use it as a fun bag. And caviar double flap can get heavy, which is a no no for maxi. And I feel black with silver HW will be more versatile~

Thanks for all the opinions so far. I think im more decided on the Jumbo cavier, just deciding on the hardware now. Like INESYI said silver HW will be very versatile and will go with everything. But the Gold HW is so tempting.... I will go and check out if any of the flap bags is in store on wed, cos the last time I checked thery were all out of stock and waiting for more shipments.

Jumbo caviar! I am 5'2 and has jumbo. It already feels a touch big for me, and caviar is very sturdy hence the bag might look a bit boxy, so maxi doesn't work for me at all.

As for the hardware, I got the gold one because after reading so much forum inputs, gold seems to be most classic color, my initial love was silver though. So now I have the ghw bag, and my hubby and friend both feel gold looks great with caviar, but my heart still likes silver. So go with what your heart tells you!!

Thanks for everyone's help, I went to the Chanel store today and there was a black jumble caviar gold hardware available. So I snatched it without a second thought. I'm so excited now as this is my first Chanel purchase and the most expensive bag I have bought so far. Will do a reveal later:smile: