please help, new to dooney bags!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi guys,

I am planning to buy a Florentine/Dillen Vaccheta Satchel but not sure which color should I get....I am thinking of Taupe/Salmon/Strawberry!! Are these colors will get "patina"?? If so, any pictures to show??

Thank you guys. :smile:

2. Hi. Florentine is vaccheta leather- thicker, smoother, and will get a patina over time. All the colors you mentioned are goregous in florentine.

Dillen is a pebbled leather, suited for every type of weather without any extra protection, a little lighter and thinner.

You will find a thread named Florentine vaccheta satchel and it has lots of different pictures- new and bags with patina. In my threads you will find taupe and salmon. I know somebody did a reveal on strawberry.

If you cant search the forum, just put in google search salmon/taupe/strawberry florentine satchel purseforum and the pictures will come up. Thats how I did my research prior to purchase :smile:

You will love these bags :smile:

3. THank you for the info. :smile:

4. hi , I am new here! and I just got my first Dooney! the small dooney satchel in dillen leather ..I LOVE IT!!!!!! its a beautiful bag and you will love it too!! Dillen or Florentine they are both beautiful.

5. Welcome! Congrats on your first Dooney. We love pictures :smile:

6. Thank you! I will post some pics soon..

7. Pictures, pictures :smile:

8. Sorry questions again!

I wonder is the light leather color easy to get color transfer?

Dillen leather wouldn't get patina at all?

Thanks for your help! :smile:

9. No, I dont think Dillen would get patina, because of the way it has been finished. If Im wrong, the more knowledgeable ladies here will correct me :smile:

I remember reading that you can get color from dark jeans on your bags, sometimes even from the dust bag on the bag itself. ( I switched mine to white cotton bags)

Im sure sombody else can fill this in, cause so far I havent had these issues.